Trike Mid Step

Info

Longbeard71, do you have any pictures of the main part of the support and how it is attached to the frame? Is it just one piece of 1 inch square tubing?

I milled slotted holes in the square and used stainless steel ubolts around frame. I put some gussets in at the 90 degree turn for strength. Mine is a 2011 so no brake pedal but there is room to move the mount toward the back more. You would need to measure to see if it would clear. I have made two of these one for my 2011 and a 2012 works good for me they could be made taller mine is level with front floorboard. It makes it very easy to get on and off.

Thanks.

I milled slotted holes in the square and used stainless steel ubolts around frame. I put some gussets in at the 90 degree turn for strength. Mine is a 2011 so no brake pedal but there is room to move the mount toward the back more. You would need to measure to see if it would clear. I have made two of these one for my 2011 and a 2012 works good for me they could be made taller mine is level with front floorboard. It makes it very easy to get on and off.

OK, one more request. If you don't mind could you jack it up, take the entire unit off and take some pictures? :D:clapping:

Well just messing with you, but did you take any pictures of it after you made it but before you mounted it? Thanks.

20200127_154412.jpg20200127_154356.jpg20200127_154423.jpg20200127_154511.jpg

Here are a few pictures of a mid-step that I made. It is made from 1" X .125 wall square tubing. Had no way to bend it, so I made two 45* angles. Floor boards are patterned after a set of Cobra Floor boards made for a Kawasaki VN800 They are cut down 2" made from 1/2" aluminum. Pardon the pictures of being upside down. They are not like that on my computer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back