TriGlide front tire

Michelin

I run a Michelin Commander II rear reversed on the front. 14K plus on it and yet to see signs of wear. Grip is amazing and I ride 90% mountainous curvy and twisty roads on the aggressive side. I had to go to an indy shop as HD would not mount it that way.

Kurt

I run a Michelin Commander II rear reversed on the front. 14K plus on it and yet to see signs of wear. Grip is amazing and I ride 90% mountainous curvy and twisty roads on the aggressive side. I had to go to an indy shop as HD would not mount it that way.

Kurt

Question: If you where to bring just the wheel in, I'm not aware that there is anyway to tell rotation on just the wheel. Does the front wheel fit in only one way?

Rotation

Question: If you where to bring just the wheel in, I'm not aware that there is anyway to tell rotation on just the wheel. Does the front wheel fit in only one way?

I didn't pay any attention to the wheel but I know the arrow on the tire points back and that is to protect the integrity of the splice and the belt package.

Kurt

I have a 19" freewheeler wheel on the frt of my 16 triglide. I put on a Dunlop Amerian elite when I first bought the trike. I have now had 2 of those tires & I get 20,000 miles out of them. I'm trading my trike next month for a new 20 triglide, but i'm going to try the Avon, just to see if it's better for me. I have nothing negative to say about the American Elite Dunlops.

This ^^^...can't go wrong with a 19" front and the American Elite Dunlop tire...I run 38psi...19" front helps with steering also...

I didn't pay any attention to the wheel but I know the arrow on the tire points back and that is to protect the integrity of the splice and the belt package.

Kurt

Can you give more detail to this reasoning please? In my experience the arrow is only for directional tires. Any other tire can be rotated in any direction or position. Ride safe

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back