tri glide saddle bags

Do the bags interfere with your passenger?

I have had no complaints, but I usually don't ride with a passenger. Other people on this forum ride 2 up and have no problems.

I would never own a TG without these bags. Yes a little expensive but in my opinion worth every penny.

Yep, Did mine on my T/G a couple of weeks ago....got the HD bags from Dealer...the bags come with mounting brackets and paper cut out jig....tried the "Velcro type" mount but didnt like it as I felt they stuck out too far from the body....and I noticed that due to the slightly concave design of the body, the velcro only actually sticks on certain center spots.

....Soooooo, I just got the drilled out and took the plunge and installed the bags per Harley instructions.........Now, I moved the 2 bottom drill hanger holes 1/2 inch towards the center of the trike...................this allowed the outside edge of the bags to"Not get so close" to the outside edge of the trike body.....Improved look (I think).

....do the top hole of each bag LAST of course! ...All the holes can be wobbled out a bit too allow for more perfect final alignment.......go slow!!!!!

.....took me 2 days to get the courage to drill first hole.....took 3 hrs or so to fish job to my liking.............really not a hard job.

....glad I did the HD actual mounting.

can you still get your side cover off the trike?. Barry

I had dealer include the bags and install them on my '15 TG...came out great. Told me that it took about 2.5 hours as they had to pull both back wheels to gain access to the inside of the fender. The quarter-turn lock is really nice when you want to take the bags into a hotel room or tent for the night.I agree with not trusting Velcro or other hook-and-loop[ systems.

Does that latch on inside of bag turn to remove bag from fender? Got back from my dealer installation but that was not explained to me? Thnx Barry

In regards to the Saddleman bags = it doesn't look any easier to install and they are way more inconvenient to access while riding. The price is great though. I highly recommend the H-D bags.

Plus the H-D bags can be removed for cleaning the bags and the fenders.

Did he say he had to go to a hardware store to get the mounting hardware??

Has anyone come up with a alternative to these high dollar Harley bags?

Got to be a cheaper solution.

You'd think there would be......

I agonized quite a bit before pulling the trigger on these bags..... And agonized even longer before drilling that first hole in the fender..... But two months later, I really like them! The wife gets one for her camera. Allows her to pull it right out for pics during a ride..... I get the other, and use it for gloves / glasses and such when we get off the bike.

Overall very happy with the decision to purchase.

Chuck

Great

I bought the HD Brand. Had the shop mount them. I love them. I like the magnetic closure especially. They are pricey but you tend to forget about the cost after you conveniently start using them..

You'd think there would be......

I agonized quite a bit before pulling the trigger on these bags..... And agonized even longer before drilling that first hole in the fender..... But two months later, I really like them! The wife gets one for her camera. Allows her to pull it right out for pics during a ride..... I get the other, and use it for gloves / glasses and such when we get off the bike.

Overall very happy with the decision to purchase.

Chuck

Don't know why you agonized over drilling holes in the fender - H-D didn't when they drilled holes all over the rear body. :D :D

My Vette has hundreds of holes all over the body with no problems.

I also keep my camera in one of the bags and extra water, chap stick and a snack bar or two. All easily to get to while riding.

Like I said - once you have them, you wonder how you got along without them. :)

I think $250 would have been a better price. That's what a few of their throw-over leather bags cost and they're bigger.

Question for those that bolted them on. Was it necessary to remove rear wheels to install, or were you able to reach far enough to leave them on ? Have a set on order, And hoping I can get by without wheel removal.

Question for those that bolted them on. Was it necessary to remove rear wheels to install, or were you able to reach far enough to leave them on ? Have a set on order, And hoping I can get by without wheel removal.

I installed mine without removing the wheel. Not a problem at all.

Yep. No wheel removal required.

I did buy new drill bits for the job. Both for sharpness and to be able to use exactly the specified size.

Chuck

• Thanks
Reactions: GTK
Here’s a video of a guy mounting Saddleman bags.

i went with the HD bags and bought them from Surdyke. For about 20% off. I like the magnetic latch better on them since I can reach back and open while riding.

What's the part number for those saddlemen bags shown in the video? Also, are they HD bags or saddlemen ?? The post or thread mentions both.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back