Tri-Glide Midsection cracked bracket

Bat hit my leg once. Bounced off and wrapped around my gas line. Also rode through hailstorm doing 80mph. With no windshield. Ouch!

Man, you are one tough dude Bikerbozo. Riding 80 MPH in a Hailstorm with no windshield. I can't hang with you guy's up north. Too tough for me! I bet you could get in the Guinness book of world records with that one. If you get down to this area, I would love to meet you. Maybe get your autograph!
Ride safe :D

If I'm not mistaken they will have to replace with 2011 parts. I know they changed the body parts.

Does anyone with an '11 or '12 know if the bracket I broke is still one piece with midsection? For all I know, they got smart and corrected it. Not bloody likely, I will grant all of you. Seeing as H-D never heard of this happening before.:confused:

Does anyone with an '11 or '12 know if the bracket I broke is still one piece with midsection? For all I know, they got smart and corrected it. Not bloody likely, I will grant all of you. Seeing as H-D never heard of this happening before.:confused:

They changed the way the mid section mounts for 2011, they built a lip which includes the front mounting point instead of using a bracket like they did in 09 - 10. The below image is the midsection for 2011.

hd11midsection.jpg

They changed the way the mid section mounts for 2011, they built a lip which includes the front mounting point instead of using a bracket like they did in 09 - 10. The below image is the midsection for 2011.

hd11midsection.jpg

If that matches up with my mounting holes, I hope they do replace it with an '11. Funny thing them changing the design for something that they said they have NEVER seen any problems with. Just saying.:Shrug:

If that matches up with my mounting holes, I hope they do replace it with an '11. Funny thing them changing the design for something that they said they have NEVER seen any problems with. Just saying.:Shrug:

I don't believe there is any 10 body parts in the pipeline anymore, I could be wrong. Harley likes to call a design change an upgrade.

I don't believe there is any 10 body parts in the pipeline anymore, I could be wrong. Harley likes to call a design change an upgrade.

Just found out from my H-D dealer that they will also be replacing the wheel fenders. They assume this to mean that it is all off latest model and that fenders mount different also. I guess that takes care of any scratches and chipped paint I have from 34,000 miles. As long as they get 2-tone color corrrect for fenders. Now that I think of that, I better mention it to them so that doesn't get screwed up.:drama:

good catch. just as info. i have 18,600 miles on a '09 t/g and the drive belt rubs the oil pan, very noticeable. and the ext warrenty doesn't cover adjustments. so check yours
dealer says they never noticed this before even though itd has many 4 belt deflection ckecks.

Hello,

I believe this thread is so old that the pictures are removed. But is the bracket in question the body bracket that you can get to under the side cover? If so that is what I was trying to research. Mine broke in half on the right side. Looking for ways to fix this. Was really hoping that bracket was removable so it could be remanufactured or welded. What have others done? Or is this a lone very rare case?

Hello,

I believe this thread is so old that the pictures are removed. But is the bracket in question the body bracket that you can get to under the side cover? If so that is what I was trying to research. Mine broke in half on the right side. Looking for ways to fix this. Was really hoping that bracket was removable so it could be remanufactured or welded. What have others done? Or is this a lone very rare case?

Just ran across my resurrected thread. Getting flashbacks. It was indeed the bracket that has that one bolt to frame under each side cover. Mine cracked back where it makes the 90 degree turn into part that is molded into body. Turns out they replaced my whole rear with a '12 model and matched the paint perfectly. Great until now when I want to replace damaged wheel fender. I may have to get one and custom paint since any stock ones won't fit. FYI never broke again. 134,000 miles on it now. I did have to repair bottom of tour pack after cracks formed. Reinforced with metal under it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back