Test run: DEI Heat Shields

Udawg

80+ Posts
Jun 30, 2020
Kathleen, GA, USA
Just finished removing the cat and installing DEI heat shields on my 2019 Tri Glide. Took it for a 30 minute ride around town to heat it up (about 20 miles) with some stop and go. Temperature today was about 82°. Got home and turned it off and ran an infrared heat thermometer on the following:

Rear cylinder = 246.7°

Rear pipe midway between head and 2-1 junction = 151.1°

Rear pipe at catalytic convertor = 120.7°

(This is with the catalytic convertor removed.)

I was actually too stupid to do these numbers before I removed the cat and installed the heat shields. Wondering if anyone knows what these temps are BEFORE removing the cat and installing heat shields.

Just curious.

Huge difference

I put the DEI shields on my 2020 CVO and it has made a huge difference in the amount of heat on my right leg. Rode from northern Minnesota to Boston and back with very little discomfort. I would highly recommend them for all 19 and later trikes and two wheelers for that matter.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back