TCB Brakes to add Anti-Lock

I have a Freewheeler, and this Spring I had to stop suddenly behind a SUV that locked up their brakes right in from of me on a two-lane road. I went from 30+ MPH to zero in about 4 trike lengths ~ I was forced up, out of the seat, and I had to restrain myself from going over the handlebars.

All three tires locked up at once, straight as an arrow, and I stopped short of rear-ending the SUV (with three kids in the second seat area.)

I have ABS in all my trucks, and I understand their concept and limitations.

But on my trike, with large tire patches at the rear, on a dry clear road, the new Harley linked brake system saved my a#$.

If you ride in the rain or snow on your trike, well . . . . maybe there might be a benefit. I don't ride in snow, and when I'm forced to ride on a wet road, I slow down because of the riding conditions.

Two-wheelers might be a different story, but for a trike with a Harley linked brake system, there's no benefit to ABS.

Just my 2¢...

I was disappointed when I realized abs wasn't available on my tri. Didn't stop me from buying the trike, ya know shiny mesmerized me and all, but after riding 9k on it in 8 months, I gotta say, I concur, no need for abs unless you ride in lots of snow. I had an abs gold wing, and I think the trike stops better and straighter than it did, in a shorter distance. As stated before, just my $0.02 worth.

I read a article comparing trikes and 2 wheelers. Says a standard trike will stop much faster than a car or 2 wheeler will. I know from experience they will. The free will stop quicker than my gw roadsmith will.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back