Squeaking front suspension...

pmar6004

TOI - South Dakota
Mar 30, 2010
Watertown, SD, USA
To the Stallion owners, does anyone know of a way to lube the front suspension? Are there any lubrication points? My Stallions front-end really squeaks when absorbing medium to large bumps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Daydreamer

got the same problem....let us know the answer....

oddoman

Oddoman,

I emailed TMS and especially asked for Nick to respond, which he did. Here is his reply to the questions I inquired about: At this time there is not a service manual. There is no lubrication on the front end, I would advise to jack up the front and spin the tire to see if the noise is there, also you can lube the front heim joints on the brake strut rods to eliminate that raddle. Any other questions feel free to call me. 1888 783-3348

Thanks

Nick

The squeaking you are hearing in your front end could be due to a couple of different things. Like Nick said, jack your wheel up and check it for squeaks as you spin it. Second, check the brake adjustment rods and make sure that both ends are secured to the bike. These need to be tight, or they will give you a rattle.

The squeaking you are hearing in your front end could be due to a couple of different things. Like Nick said, jack your wheel up and check it for squeaks as you spin it. Second, check the brake adjustment rods and make sure that both ends are secured to the bike. These need to be tight, or they will give you a rattle.

Well I did what Nick, from TMS, suggested. Not sure what I accomplished by lifting the wheel and spinning it, other than seeing if the bearings might be the problem, which fortunately, they were not. The adusting rods were tight so I eliminated them as well. I sprayed some lithium lube at the heim joints on the brake strut rods which reduced the noise substantially, but did not eliminate them. Now I have just a slight squeaking noise that's only heard if I'm not traveling at highway or closed to highway speeds and then only if I'm traveling some rather rough/uneven city streets, which my hometown has plenty of. Special thanks to Nick, as well as StallionTech, for their input. ThumbUp

Daydreamer
aka pmar6004

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back