Some good news

Zammy, You could have knocked me over with a feather when Ma came home from a doctor's appt. to tell me they said she had breast cancer. Fortunately, Ma had a great doctor (a lady) and she said she got it all and also took some of the lymph nodes, which also came back clean just as your wife's did. Then came the radiation, 6 1/2 weeks of it. It was easy at first but became difficult for her to wear a bra. The area that received the radiation eventually became like a bad sunburn as your wife might have discovered by now. Itching was a bit of a problem for her, too.

All in all, our wives are still alive and that's what counts. Hope things are going well for your wife and will pray for her.

PC

One other thing I forgot to add Zammy: Ma has made several good friends that she met in the waiting room of the radiation office that lean on one another and share stories. They have a common cause. Also, she attends "Sisters of Survivors" meetings where she picks up a lot of useful information at. There are chapters all over the country and I hope there's one that would be convenient for your wife. Cancer is not a death sentence. Please let her know she is not alone in this and more than likely has many good years ahead of her.

PC

Jim, thank you for the thoughts, Jo Ann starts her radiation next week, she had a lot of swelling so it was put off until it went down. She only has to do 21 treatments so it might not be too bad, best wishes to the Misses from us.

I don't have first hand knowledge about radiation but I hope and pray it all goes well.:angel::pray::biblehold:

Last edited:
Been a while since we talked here.. Glad to know it is turning the corner. Tell Joann we r thinking of her. Maybe in time for a Hill Country ride. Us transplanted Buckeye's need to help each other. lol O Wait, I moved back :clapping:

Just an update: Jo Ann has finished her radiation treatments and got her graduation certificate yesterday, she got to ring the bell !!! She has some follow up appointments after the first of the year with her surgeon and then her radiology doc and has started her hormone meds, 1 pill a day for the next 5 years. Looking forward to a quiet Xmas this year and some R&R for her.

Just an update: Jo Ann has finished her radiation treatments and got her graduation certificate yesterday, she got to ring the bell !!! She has some follow up appointments after the first of the year with her surgeon and then her radiology doc and has started her hormone meds, 1 pill a day for the next 5 years. Looking forward to a quiet Xmas this year and some R&R for her.

ThumbUp......

This is great news God bless and a joyful Christmas for all. :good: Fred

That is great news and an awesome Christmas present for you and Jo Ann, Gary! Have a Merry Christmas and God bless you both!

Doug & Becky

Last edited:

Praise God!!! That was a Christmas Bell Ringing for both of you. God bless!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back