some changes going from 2 wheel to 3 wheels.

I have a 2012 Harley tri glide ultra and I have had my trike at 85 mph once on a good road and it was smooth sailing. On rough roads like many Oklahoma roads, I find that you best hold on to the bars tight. I assume that's pretty normal for any trike. Is that correct??? Yes , I am a recent transplant from a 2wheeler to a 3 wheeler.View attachment 44484

Correct, But not too tight. i.e.; [The death grip...] When you have 3 wheels its almost impossible to miss a pot hole or bumps...Even a sunken man hole cover is hard to miss! With a two wheeler you can skirt around it, With a four wheeler you can straddle it, But with three wheels you might not have enough room in your lane to avoid it...

Correct, But not too tight. i.e.; [The death grip...] When you have 3 wheels its almost impossible to miss a pot hole or bumps...Even a sunken man hole cover is hard to miss! With a two wheeler you can skirt around it, With a four wheeler you can straddle it, But with three wheels you might not have enough room in your lane to avoid it...

:Agree:

The "death grip" tends to over amplify subtle steering inputs.

A nice relaxed grip works best to reduce over steering inputs.ThumbUp

cruising

my freewheeler will cruise all day at 80 mph with no effort at all. I can ride with one hand at that speed if I want but usually I just put it in cruise and rest my hands loosely on the grip There is no vibration, no shaking or anything else. It is completely stable at that speed

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back