Skid plate

post some ball park prices . I will probly want one as well. will they be different kit to kit or just bike to bike ? I would guess they would mount to the old bike frame.

Dully noted on those wanting a skid plate. Price will be $55 which will include shipping. I don't have any made just now as I just got more material to make them and will start on them tomorrow. I'll pm the guys wanting one once they're ready to ship.

Tom W I've only designed them thus far for the 99-2013 RSV's and the 05-09 RSTD's and mainly for the trikers BUT considering the pan is lower than the bikes frame I think they're a good addition to have on the bikes. I'm sure that this design would work for the older Royals as well thou the mounting points may or may not differ. Measuring and testing will tell the tale.
Larry

Dully noted on those wanting a skid plate. Price will be $55 which will include shipping. I don't have any made just now as I just got more material to make them and will start on them tomorrow. I'll pm the guys wanting one once they're ready to ship.

Tom W I've only designed them thus far for the 99-2013 RSV's and the 05-09 RSTD's and mainly for the trikers BUT considering the pan is lower than the bikes frame I think they're a good addition to have on the bikes. I'm sure that this design would work for the older Royals as well thou the mounting points may or may not differ. Measuring and testing will tell the tale.
Larry

Im riding an 08 ultra / motor trike conversion. If you get one figured out for it ,I will take it.
I have slammed the pan only once on a speed bump .no damage but I think I just got lucky

Ok guys I've gotten some made up now and ready for shipping Cost will be $55 delivered. Use lskeels@wowway.com to transfer funds at PayPal. If mailing a money order or check send a pm for my address. For those who have already said they'll take one I've sent pm's.
Larry

See ya at B2's Larry!!

That is very generous of you to add part of the sale to St Judes!!!!!
What Bob is referring to is the B2Dad & Mom's M&E they are sponsoring for St Jude's.
On sales during that weekend I'll be donating 25% of the sales to the St Jude can or whatever Don & Patti are using.
For those interested in a great, and I mean GREAT weekend, check it out at this link.
http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=83674 Any and all bikes are welcome, even those in cages. So come on out for a awesome time and cause.
Larry

Well done Larry ThumbUp
St Jude's is a most Worthy Cause and Organization.

The Gathering sounds like a Hoot. You all have an awesome time. Enjoy and safe Journeys.

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms">Larry<br />
<br />
Received my skid plate yesterday and installed today which was a snap I might add. Two bolts and a nut 15 minutes tops.........Done. The worst part is getting down on the ground to do the job (smile). Now I hope its never needed, but if I do its there.. </span><br />
<span style="font-family: comic sans ms">I'm sure you have been told before that you do ou<font size="3">tstanding wo</font>rk, but hell I'll say it anyway, you do <i><u>outstanding</u></i> work.</span><br />
<br />
<span style="font-family: comic sans ms">Thanks </span>

Due to the low ground clearance of the tike, today I built a skid plate for better protection of the oil pan. I managed to rip out the oil pan plug last summer so today decided it was time to do a preventive mod. With the design I came up with I can still access the oil filter and change oil without taking the skid plate off. Attached are a couple pics of the damaged pan and the new skid plate mounted.
Larry

Larry-
Can I get on the list for a skid plate? Pleease.

Tinker

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back