seat pads

Age comes to us all. And mine has brought with it a bit less meat on the bum. I am now finding riding long distances isn't as comfortable as it once was. I still can do the 5-600ml stretches but I tend to fidget around a lot at the end.

Does anyone have any recommendations on seat pads. I have been viewing airhawk but don't know it they work with trikes as we move around more that on a solos. Perhaps they feel insecure.

The best seat pad for me:

Age comes to us all. And mine has brought with it a bit less meat on the bum. I am now finding riding long distances isn't as comfortable as it once was. I still can do the 5-600ml stretches but I tend to fidget around a lot at the end.

Does anyone have any recommendations on seat pads. I have been viewing airhawk but don't know it they work with trikes as we move around more that on a solos. Perhaps they feel insecure.

Kuryakyn Royal Riding Sheepskin Seat Pads
I have the large model with the tail-bone notch for really deluxe no-sweating and no-freezing comfort. Been using the same pad since 2005 and can't wear it out. And I have actually been on those 5-600 mile days a couple of times.
:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Airhawk R...... works for me. you can change the way you sit by the amount of air you put in it. ThumbUp

I know how you feel. Between age and weight loss and too many years of bicycling even witha custom seat my tailbone gets sore. I tried the Walmart pad,tried sheepskin and finally found what works for me.
http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm
I can do 6-700 mile days now with no problems. The missus and I both have them and been using them on trips for around 5 years now.
Heres what I have with the sheepskin cover.
http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/item/MID-SIZE-GEL-PAD-13-IN-IN-WIDE-X-11-L-MSRP-7499-100108

thank to all who replied

I certainly have enough info one to make choice. I thing it,s going to a gel type pad. I had an idea that air ones would move around a bit. As most of our riding takes place on twist .very twisty.roads I don't think they would work for me.
Thanks again for all the help

I use the "old" Wal-Mart seat cushion, the one with the webbed rubber honeycomb inside liner. I then placed a set of wooden beads inside, on top of the rubber liner. Been using this setup for over 80,000 miles. Inexpensive and works for me.

Same problem here, if butt got any skinnier it would be in my lap.

Have tried various cushions, gel pads, etc over the years. Currently use just a BeadRider seat cover, but wear padded underwear on out of town trips. These have foam padding in the butt area and really help ease the pain on those long trips. Added plus is they round out your bum when you walk around in them.

I bought mine on Amazon, but have yet to try what may be one of the better padded briefs. Take a look at SitRelief shorts at http://sitrelief.com/ They are about $30+ more than the others but seem to have a good reputation.

Whenever I take a road trip now, I always wear padded briefs.

Airhawk regular on mine and Airhawk R plus beads on Jim's trike . Love 'em.

Jim says the beads underneath the Airhawk R keeps the air circulating down there in the summer.
Yep - you have to play with the air to get it just right.
Too much and they are hard as a rock - just like an air mattress would be.
In fact, mine has very little air in-put while Jim likes his a little more firm.

Plus I purchased the back-rest cushion that slips over the backrest from Wingstuff.

It pushes me a little closer to the handlebars (we've already added the handlebar riser product) so that I have that nice little bend in the elbows, a more straight-up position and is really "cushy" on the back. Helps keep the "bow" out of the back in reaching for the handlebars - guess my arms aren't as long as a guy's arms. And - it looks great - can't really tell that it's not part of the seat configuration. That was a great find for me. I was starting to try and find someone who would make a custom back cushion then found this - it's great.
Carla

I know how you feel. Between age and weight loss and too many years of bicycling even witha custom seat my tailbone gets sore. I tried the Walmart pad,tried sheepskin and finally found what works for me.
http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm
I can do 6-700 mile days now with no problems. The missus and I both have them and been using them on trips for around 5 years now.
Heres what I have with the sheepskin cover.
http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/item/MID-SIZE-GEL-PAD-13-IN-IN-WIDE-X-11-L-MSRP-7499-100108

After seeing this post I decided to order the XL to fit a Wing--haven't had a chance to try it yet.

It looks to be a well-made pad and has a nice strap to hold it in place. And for some reason they sent me 2 identical pads when I ordered and paid for only 1--wasn't expecting that. So my passenger will get one as well.

airhawk -r for me too....can ride all day...just needs very little air in it to float your buttocks off the seat

I have the walmart gel pad then I have the x large butt pad (I think I bought it at wingstuff) I then cover with a sheepskin. I'm 6 ft and it gives me a little seat height . We ve ridden some 600 mile days no problems.

I certainly have enough info one to make choice. I thing it,s going to a gel type pad. I had an idea that air ones would move around a bit. As most of our riding takes place on twist .very twisty.roads I don't think they would work for me.
Thanks again for all the help

I bought a Hartco custom sheepskin cover http://www.hartcoseats.com/LAMBSKIN-SEAT-COVERS-.html
Covers the entire seat and doesn't move at all. Very easy to keep clean and a reat guy to deal with.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back