sea foam or red seal fuel treatment

In the beginning of this spring season, here, I have a gas powered weed wacker.....When I put it away for the winter, I guess that I forgot to clean it out of old gas before storage..

Well when I tried to start it first time this spring, all it did was to back fire, spit and studder, wouldn't rev up, and just would not idle what's so ever..............Dang! I thought got to bring it down to the service dept to have the carb's cleaned out.. ($$$) Then I thought, I'm going to try using this stuff that other folks used to rave about... (Sea Foam) I dought it will work, but what the heck, it was worth a try.................I empty'd out some fuel and poured in some Sea Foam, shook up the wacker, so the foam and gas mixed in together...... I tried starting it again, and it smoked a bit, and than all of a sudden, this weed wacker came to life.....................Holy Shi#...................It started to idle, it rev'd up, it ran better than it ever did, nice and strong..............YES I am now a total beliver in Sea Foam................I started to put it now into every gas powered engine that I own...

I AM A TOTAL BELIVER IN SEA FOAM!!

Every long trip that I make with either my Goldwing or the family vehicles, (and I know that I'll be using up a full tank of fuel that day, I now add a can (or the required amount) of Sea Foam into the fuel tank before leaving.....Does it work truely OR is it false feelings? I'll never know BUT after what I wittnessed on my week wacker earlier in the season.....I'M A BELIEVER!!!!

Ronnie

I'm not a complete believer but I read stuff like this all the time about Seafoam. I've tried it and I can't say it helped or not. Like the case above, I suspect he just cranked on the wacker long enough to finally draw fuel into the combustion chamber so it finally fired. But it did probably help or start to help clean out some of the tiny holes in the carb. But I just can't say I've seen it with my own eyes. I'm just a....probably helps...kind of guy. I may never see it because all my fuel has fuel stabilizer to start with. Not Seafoam but PRI-G or PRI-D, gas/diesel.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back