Saddlesore 1000

Oct 19, 2011
GLEN ELLYN, IL. USA
I just completed my first(?) SS1000. Not as bad as I thought it would be.
I started out doing the Route 66 trip with my dealer from Navy Pier to Santa Monica Pier. 7 days and 2200 miles. Then headed to Denver (another 1000 miles) to start the SS1000 back to Chicago. Weather was perfect except for the last day - it rained from De Soto, Ia. to home.
Best 2 weeks I've ever had on a motorcycle. Deleted 2 items from my bucket list = Route 66 (some sections were awful) and a SS1000. ThumbUp

Many folks think that it is hard to do the ss1000 because they think 1,000 miles in 24 hours.
as you can see it isn't that bad.
After I did my first one it seemed when taking trips with friends they wanted to end the day but I was still ready to go on.
congrats on finishing the ss1,000.

Did ours in @ 17 hours. Straight out I90 to Rapid City, SD. hand lunch and then turned around and came home. Would have been done earlier but the lightning in front of us had us on hold for about an hour or so.

I decided at the onset that I was going to take the whole 24 hours - I wasn't interested in seeing how fast I could do it.
I did it in 23 hours - I took my time and had a 3 hour "nap" in De Soto, Ia., then woke up to a rain storm for the remaining 500 miles.....bummer.
Yes, I would do it again. Maybe this time a Bun Burner 1500. ThumbUp

I decided at the onset that I was going to take the whole 24 hours - I wasn't interested in seeing how fast I could do it. I did it in 23 hours - I took my time and had a 3 hour "nap" in De Soto, Ia., then woke up to a rain storm for the remaining 500 miles.....bummer. Yes, I would do it again. Maybe this time a Bun Burner 1500. ThumbUp

Did the Bun Burner in 2001 and spent the last several hour sitting on the PA turnpike waiting for accident cleanup. Just nipped it by 15 minutes though. If I ever do it again it will be without the PA turnpike.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-08-05/travel/0108050206_1_motorcycle-rider-miles-odometer

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back