S&S 557 Tri Glide Cams

Wiz, Maybe I will get your phone # and call you when Im ready to tune the TTs..Would that be kewl, do it on site over the phone?

I normally remote into the computer attached to the bike and work from here. Only real issue is... you are in Canada. My International LD on the cell is about a buck a minute. :xszpv:

Id presume you leave the ACR active as well..???

If for some reason you would have starting issues due to both the ACR's and the easy start cams reducing compression its simple enough to disable the ACR's with the TTS. I have the ACR's disabled on my dads 09 Triglide with Wood TW555 cams, the later intake close has the CCP at 187 which is low enough he doesn't need ACR's. I did this due to him using a push button on the solenoid of the starter to start it vs the start push button on the bar, he is on his 3rd start button and the MoFoCo isn't interested in figuring out why. So the simplest thing is to just not use the dang button.

we used the tune for the 551's to start there is not one for the 557's as yet. The tuner will work out the difference between the two cam's. If you have not used the power vision 5 tuner its the best money you can spend it does all the work for you. My trike went from no power and tons of heat to one of the fastest bikes around S&S out did themselves with this one.
the roads between here and Topeka has a few small hills that would take 10MPH or so off the top not now don't ever know its a hill there.

no but i went with the S&S 510 gear cam to eliminate the cam shoes.in my '09 t/g. at 11k, my shoes showed considerable wear. the 510 is the largest cam before you must have head work, according to S&S. its really great, some noise, but being gear cam they can't go anywhere. check with your local shop & see what they have installed.
Hope you had your pinion runout checked and it was 2thou or less as even with gear drive cams the flywheels can shift. :Shrug:

Hope you had your pinion runout checked and it was 2thou or less as even with gear drive cams the flywheels can shift. :Shrug:

:Agree: The crank in the original engine for my 06 Ultra started just a tad under .003 then got to .005 before I pulled it in favor of my 120 with a Dark Horse plugged and welded crank. Its one of those things you have to monitor, some shift some don't, and some shift pretty quick then bust the teeth off the outer cam gear.

S&S 557 going in..all went good..Button up 2moro..
Hardest part was figuring out how to turn motor over by myself...6th gear, but both wheels turn..Aha..block the left and just turn the right one.VIOLA!!!.Duhh..Limited slip diff...LOL.....Hb
:Shrug:

Attachments

• cam 2.jpg
    cam 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 146
S&S 557 going in..all went good..Button up 2moro..
Hardest part was figuring out how to turn motor over by myself...6th gear, but both wheels turn..Aha..block the left and just turn the right one.VIOLA!!!.Duhh..Limited slip diff...LOL.....Hb
:Shrug:

Looking good.

Wiz....
I figured I wouldn't disturb the oil pump by leaving it in there, and I did rotate the engine before final tighteneing to make sure it operated as before..
I used the adjustable pushrods because I didn't want to remove tank, rocker boxes etc..The quikie rods from S& S came with the 557 cams as a kit..
Iv used a lot of adj pushrods in the past and have never had a problem with them in the 40yrs Iv used em.
The engine fired right up, had the usual lifter rattle for a few moments and now runs a quiet as before...
Its was around 50F when I fired it up, and it didn't idle surge as it used too..
I can definetly tell there is more potato potato out the exhaust...
Now I need your expertise Sir , to do this TTS tune for me...
I wont be able to road test tho, as believe it or not, we are getting snow tonite / 2moro...{4-8 inches } and temps only around -4 to zero Celsius for the rest of the week..Unf**kin believable!!
Do I just plug the TTS in and enter the vin # etc??
I did more firmaware updates from TTS last nite, so all should be good ta go...
Let me no Please whats next, or PM me your phone # and I will call you at a convient time for you....Thax In advance...HB

Two questions if I may...

Why did you not pull the oil pump out with the cam plate?

Why are you using adjustable push rods?

Just curious.

Nice catch, I just assumed he had already had the pump out and put it back in. I always pull my pump separate from the cam plate so I can inspect it. Leaving the pump in while pulling the cam plate only is kind of risky depending on the condition of the o-ring for the outlet of the pump, could have one that wants to sump due to the o-ring not being as pliable as a new one.

Wiz..Thx..Ya give me more credit than ya should, but Thx..
Yes, I will do a good report next week as it will be around 75f again..i plan on doin a few hundred mile ride, so I will do a mileage check as well as an overall summary of what I find out...Its only around 45F here right now for the day time high..So, iv just done abit of around town riding..I have to see, it Runs sweet ..Im digging it..
Gotter all washed up and shining waiting to go collect Bugs...LOl..TTYS..HaNkB

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back