Riding the Dragon

Rmitchell55

850+ Posts
Dec 6, 2012
Santee
I know that Maggie Valley is a few months away, but things are getting a little warm there already. This picture is from Killboy one of the photographers that takes a lot of pictures of the rider each day.

1.jpg

Here it’s The Goat Trail , 5 miles of 25 twisties, with a 200’ elevation to the Bear Mountain Bridge . A week never goes by with out picking up either a biker or a car that insists on beating the goat Crash- Boom - Bang !

I'm with Mike.I will add this tidbit of info.After Labor Day till tourist season really fires off the next year its not patrolled very much.If your really gonna go thrash your whatever that is when to do it just make sure someone knows where you are cause there isn't much going on and you may not be seen if you go downhill.Good time to go due to fewer idiots but boy when you encounter one it may be a dusie.

I rode it once, got to admit it was fun.......... BUT I ALSO HAVE TO SAY, THAT WHEN I RODE IT, I WAS ACTUALLY ON MY TRIKE, FOR MY FIRST EVER RIDE, YEP, I TRULY NEVER RODE A TRIKE, B4 RIDING THE DRAGON....

I had my trike built, (Goldwing), (it was finished later than planned/by a week) so I had no time to even test ride it, cause of it, I just loaded it onto a big trailer hauling four other bikes,... all the way to the dragon... (from Massachusetts)

Backed it, out of the trailer, and off I went and conquered the Dragon (luckily w/o a disaster (no parts of my new trike, r hanging off of the tree of shame!)

Ronnie

2/27/22

I rode the Dragon in 2009. I had several people tell they thought it was over rated. I thought it was great I rode it both ways and hope to go back and ride it again some day. I would like to ride some of the others in that area that locals say are so good.

Done it about 15 times now on my Electra Glide but never on the Tri Glide. It’s a curvy road and you have to concentrate on it because the curves sneak up on you. I like the Cherahala Skyway, HWY28 from Fontana to Franklin. 209 from Waynesville to Hot Springs. Wayah Rd. Hell even the main highways and interstate around there are great roads.

I tend to avoid the dragon.

1. It's over rated.

2.Too many incompetent morons on it.

3. Inconsiderate sport bikes and sports cars using it as their personal race way.

4. There are many much better/fun roads to ride in the area.

If you want to ride it, try to go early on a week day.

No argument here . But being I’ve herd a lot about it I had to do it . Heck , I even got a tee to show it . Did I mention that I enjoyed it ….

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back