Ride with no plans

Sep 11, 2017
SE Tn
The wife and I cut out yesterday not having a clue where we were going. When we got to the end of our street it was almost like tossing a coin.

We ended up doing 225 miles up into North Carolina down into Georgia and down into Helen. Then back home.

We were on a lot of roads we had never been on. Talk about some terrific roads. We really do live in a beautiful part of the world. I was born in the town where I live now. I have left a few times but always come back. There's no place like home.

This post is kind of like our ride yesterday. It took a turn or two that I didn't expect.

In this ole crazy world, it's good to get out and free the mind.

Bob

The wife and I cut out yesterday not having a clue where we were going. When we got to the end of our street it was almost like tossing a coin.

We ended up doing 225 miles up into North Carolina down into Georgia and down into Helen. Then back home.

We were on a lot of roads we had never been on. Talk about some terrific roads. We really do live in a beautiful part of the world. I was born in the town where I live now. I have left a few times but always come back. There's no place like home.

This post is kind of like our ride yesterday. It took a turn or two that I didn't expect.

Bob

You know if you don't know where you were going to, When you do get to where you weren't going to , You'll always be right there where you were going to go to...:xzqxz:...:laugh:

My favorite kind of ride. It works great in the Ozarks with all the twists and turns. As Yogi Berra was reported to have said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." We go, if we see and interesting looking road or sign to an intriguing sounding place we head that way. I take the GPS, and when it's time to, I just hit the "Home" button and it takes me the shortest way to our house. This last summer Gloria and I did this, took a 6 hour ride and were surprised when we found we were 2 miles from home.

Ruh Roh, I just read Papa Zook's closed thread that says posting pics is a must in this forum.

We didn't have a camera with us and my phone plan won't allow me to send pics. It won't happen again.

Bob

Best kind of ride, Bob!!!

My favorite kind of ride. It works great in the Ozarks with all the twists and turns. As Yogi Berra was reported to have said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." We go, if we see and interesting looking road or sign to an intriguing sounding place we head that way. I take the GPS, and when it's time to, I just hit the "Home" button and it takes me the shortest way to our house. This last summer Gloria and I did this, took a 6 hour ride and were surprised when we found we were 2 miles from home.

When I go riding alone without a destination I just wander. Not all who wander are lost.

Actual conversation with a Prius driver at the gas station last week:

Him: Nice day for a ride.

Me : Yup, great day to be out killing bugs.

(Slight look of confusion from Him)

Him:Where are you going?

Me: Don't know. (shrug) Doesn't matter.

(Look of complete confusion from Him)

Him:Oh,um, well. Ah - have a nice ride.

Me: I sure will. Thanks!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back