Rear passenger grab handles

tommyv333

10+ Posts
Aug 11, 2022
Norway maine USA
I have a Indian Roadmaster/Roadsmith trike. Great trike! Unfortunately Indian and Roadsmith do not offer rear passenger handles.

To remedy this I purchased 4 Black cut Motorcycle Rear Seat Bolt Tab Screw Mount Knob Cover Nut For Harley US on Ebay

I cut the original seat strap in half, measured, measured and measured again. Drilled holes in the fiberglass body and mounted my creation. I used a 8mm bolt with a stainless steel lock nut, fender washer and a rubber washer underneath.

My wife LOVES it!

5DA579BA-84C3-4593-8CC1-B8DAE1DC7675.jpg2CAA2152-7F84-40FF-8922-26C460A7841F.jpg1939CEAC-FEC3-4604-8F16-D822FD9671CD.jpg

Attachments

• 80A438C8-D7D9-43F4-94A5-FCFB8E0BA326.jpg
    80A438C8-D7D9-43F4-94A5-FCFB8E0BA326.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67
I have a Indian Roadmaster/Roadsmith trike. Great trike! Unfortunately Indian and Roadsmith do not offer rear passenger handles.

To remedy this I purchased 4 Black cut Motorcycle Rear Seat Bolt Tab Screw Mount Knob Cover Nut For Harley US on Ebay

I cut the original seat strap in half, measured, measured and measured again. Drilled holes in the fiberglass body and mounted my creation. I used a 8mm bolt with a stainless steel lock nut, fender washer and a rubber washer underneath.

My wife LOVES it!

View attachment 110357View attachment 110358View attachment 110359

Necessary is the Mother of all Invention's...Great job......ThumbUp-ThumbUp......

My wife LOVES it!

Beautiful - but, not fair. Let us see the entire trike. Love that color

My wife LOVES it!

I been Trying To find some thing to make passenger grab handles on my CSC Roadmaster, Thanks Great Idea, Do you have a part number or a ebay Item number for the covers you bought? mines black so they would blend in.

Thanks ordered some :D

Prior to drilling, use painters tape on the body so when you drill it will be a bur-less hole.

I had my wife put on her leather coat n boots and sit on the trike. Had her with a open fist to let her arms hang in a natural relaxed position. Took the strap and simulated the the handle height so she could grab each with ease. At about 2” away from the seat there was plenty of “flat” surface underneath to accommodate a large fender washer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back