Rattle?

Aug 4, 2023
Beaver, PA
Name
Scott
Seems as though I have a front end rattle when going over bumps and potholes on the road.

Once thing I noticed was that the coolant tube from the engine to the radiator is loose. Just hangs there and bangs. How/where should that be secured?

I also notice some squeaking from the front end. Suggestions on what that could be?

See my previous reply

There are bearings in the front wheel that might need attention. Also the rod that holds the caliper in place the joints on the end might need looking at.

Stallions are fun but you need to be creative to keep them going. The last one was sold new in around 2013 and it was still based on the 2007 Ford Ranger for primary running gear.

See my previous reply

There are bearings in the front wheel that might need attention. Also the rod that holds the caliper in place the joints on the end might need looking at.

Stallions are fun but you need to be creative to keep them going. The last one was sold new in around 2013 and it was still based on the 2007 Ford Ranger for primary running gear.
I'm curious as I'm not sure what part you are talking about when you reference the rod that holds the caliper in place. Are you talking about the turnbuckle? A photo would help. Thanks. BTW - had to replace the bearings on my 2008 too.

I'm curious as I'm not sure what part you are talking about when you reference the rod that holds the caliper in place. Are you talking about the turnbuckle? A photo would help. Thanks. BTW - had to replace the bearings on my 2008 too.
Yes that rod with the turnbuckles on the ends. Its purpose in life is to keep the caliper in place so the brakes will work when applied.
Disconnect this and the caliper will rotate on its own till it encounters something to block it.

Can not post a pic because we no longer own the Stallion. Due to my wife's health she could not longer ride it.
But we had it for 11 years and 130k miles. So I do know a bit about the Stallion.

Gee, my 23 year old Wing rattles all the time. I just accept it. I figure if a part falls off I’ll fix it but nothing ever does.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rabies
Back