R G 3

ROAD DOG

Contributing Member
Jan 21, 2009
MA,
I know This wont be a popular opinion But Its mine. Rode a new RG3 today at Laconia, Not impressed at all, I think the worst thing about it is the 18'rear wheels, you got 2" of tire height, it just rides so hard. up at Laconia you go about 8 mile ride, 3 miles are a back road through some farms & its a rough road, Honest I did not look it may of had a hardtail, really noisy motor, I thought for a lighter trike that it had no Balls at all, radio sucks, Hard clutch pull, In person I think its Homely.

The fairing looks like somebody went to swap meet bought a Road Glide fairing & tried to make it fit. My buddy road it & said the same thing. Then I road that $55,000. CVO Road Glide Limited The 1988 Honda gold wing look alike, The Harley guy that checked me in says how did you like it, I told him Im not trying to be a Asshole butt Take your Harley disguise off & go ride a Indian Pursuit Limted, Way better bike A lot more features, better handling, lots more power, Kick Ass radio, so well balanced & safe $20,000 My opinion, Everybody has one. :xzqxz:

My salesman keeps calling me to come down for a test ride. He knows I'm buying one. Actually its gonna be for my little niece who's riding the hell out of the Sportster Low I gave her. Per DK Customs post on the narrow sidewalls I dont expect a plush ride. Just been so busy here at my hilltop fire support base. Installing barrels of foo gas. Tripewire claymores, and there's always pallets of fused 81mm to stack and sort. I'll get down to the dealership this week maybe.

OP I don't usually comment but the price difference you mentioned doesn't make sense. You are comparing a 2 wheeler to a 3 wheeler, of course the 3 wheel is going to be more. This is a 3 wheeler forum and while I agree with the 18" tires being a more harsh ride some of us can't ride 2 wheels anymore.

OP I don't usually comment but the price difference you mentioned doesn't make sense. You are comparing a 2 wheeler to a 3 wheeler, of course the 3 wheel is going to be more. This is a 3 wheeler forum and while I agree with the 18" tires being a more harsh ride some of us can't ride 2 wheels anymore.

The RG 3 is a Trike…

No i was not comparing A 2 wheeler to a 3 wheeler, I was saying the new Road Glide CVO LMITED 2 wheeler was way over priced compared to the Indian Pursuit limited, I Am sorry for discussing a 2 wheeler on a 3 wheel FORUM I still can ride 2 Wheelers BUTT I chose to ride 3 :xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz:

I wonder what air pressure was in the rear tires. Harley is know for having a high pressure in the tires. I have low profile rear tires on my Tri and 22 lbs of air. Ride was satisfactory.

I wonder what air pressure was in the rear tires. Harley is know for having a high pressure in the tires. I have low profile rear tires on my Tri and 22 lbs of air. Ride was satisfactory.

I'm glad you said that. I've noticed every time I've gone for service my tire pressures have been way higher and the ride much rougher than when I went in. I was beginning to think that all of my gauges must be wrong even though they all say the same pressure.

I sure do not like or trust those tires with little aspect ratios, there aint much cushion on big bumps, I have seen quite a few damaged wheels and sidewall blow outs with these tire/ wheel combos

I sure do not like or trust those tires with little aspect ratios, there aint much cushion on big bumps, I have seen quite a few damaged wheels and sidewall blow outs with these tire/ wheel combos

The lack of a flexible sidewall isn't a good choice for any bike let alone a single axle trike. What were they thinking?

No i was not comparing A 2 wheeler to a 3 wheeler, I was saying the new Road Glide CVO LMITED 2 wheeler was way over priced compared to the Indian Pursuit limited, I Am sorry for discussing a 2 wheeler on a 3 wheel FORUM I still can ride 2 Wheelers BUTT I chose to ride 3 :xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz:

That is my confusion then because this is a freewheeler forum, and you mention the Indian pursuit model whis is a 2 wheel bike. Actually your post was titled RG3 not CVO limited which is why I was confused again. Glad it is corrected now. Didn't know HD made a RG3 CVO model so I learned something new today.

I know This wont be a popular opinion But Its mine. Rode a new RG3 today at Laconia, Not impressed at all, I think the worst thing about it is the 18'rear wheels, you got 2" of tire height, it just rides so hard. up at Laconia you go about 8 mile ride, 3 miles are a back road through some farms & its a rough road, Honest I did not look it may of had a hardtail, really noisy motor, I thought for a lighter trike that it had no Balls at all, radio sucks, Hard clutch pull, In person I think its Homely.

The fairing looks like somebody went to swap meet bought a Road Glide fairing & tried to make it fit. My buddy road it & said the same thing. Then I road that $55,000. CVO Road Glide Limited The 1988 Honda gold wing look alike, The Harley guy that checked me in says how did you like it, I told him Im not trying to be a Asshole butt Take your Harley disguise off & go ride a Indian Pursuit Limted, Way better bike A lot more features, better handling, lots more power, Kick Ass radio, so well balanced & safe $20,000 My opinion, Everybody has one. :xzqxz:

Rereading your post for the 4th time I see why I was/am confused by it. Just reading comprehension error on my part I guess. Sorry for the confusion.

Rereading your post for the 4th time I see why I was/am confused by it. Just reading comprehension error on my part I guess. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry For the Confusion, My third grade education makes it hard for some people to understand what Im trying to say. I will not mention A two wheeler again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back