Puttin up my garage

John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Mar 2, 2008
Conn
Started at 1:00. All my helpers could not help today so going it alone. 4:00 hrs so far. Then got too dark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 222
Made by Shelter Logic. A local MFG company. The structure is 1 5/8 tube. The cover is a PVC. Base fabric. 13 mil thick rip stop. Quite strong. More on it when I finish it tomorrow.

20 x 12. 8 ' tall it for the classic car.
Trike and bikes are in the real garage.
Have plans to put a lift in it.

I hope so. It is a fully enclosed front and rear roll up doors. Yea we don't get flurries here and it last for months. They claim load safe. 1 5/8 tubes.

I like the idea of the bricks. I use a 12x12 tarp over the grass. Think I will visit HD or Lowes for some 2'x2' pavers. Sounds like a good weekend project. Thanks for the idea.:clapping:

I had something very similar years ago but a much larger size. It had room for two cars side by side. The big problem I had was that it retained too much moisture. At times, it looked like it had rained inside. Everything was wet. How-ever, I didn't have any flooring. Hopefully your brick floor will prevent any moisture accumulation.

Just a heads up.

They make a vent kit.. I am looking into it. I also had it made with front and rear
doors.

Mine had the vent kit as well along with front & read doors. My moisture problem was less if I left the front & rear door flaps open. I still feel the problem I had was due to not having my tent on a concrete pad. It was just a dirt floor. Your brick pad might give you moisture protection.

Taking a lot longer than I figures. Got it squared up, got it nailed down. Got front and rear doors on. And the adjustable slides in place. Now I need help with the cover... Waiting for the weekend to get people.

In 2010, Jeannette and I erected a 21' X 11' shed with vinyl floor on a oversized concrete slab to store our trike. Gets nice and toasty on sunny days. Shed survived hurricanes Irene and Sandy, although we had to replace a roof panel after Sandy. A 4" branch pierced the roof.

Attachments

• shed (614x618).jpg
    shed (614x618).jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 107
15 years ago I built a 20 wide 14 deep shed ( actually looks like 2 10'x10' sheds ) with a 6' extension so I can park a car inside. Has garage doors on the right and a ramp to a 40" door to a raised floor separate storage on the left. It is full. Also it is 50 feet from the house. Having snow blower and Gen. that far away was not handy. Was going to convert the Hot tub room we no longer use into a trike / bike garage. Still may do that too. Need room for toys. Thinking of putting a car lift in this new portable garage. Always wanted one.

It is up. Wish I could post multi pictures.
needs to be tightened up as soon as the sun warms it a bit. Temp inside is 15 deg warmer than out side and not even sunny today. 45 deg out 60 inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Inside view. Working on an operating door.. Not crazy about their system. Looks like rain we will soon see how it works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 110
15 years ago I built a 20 wide 14 deep shed ( actually looks like 2 10'x10' sheds ) with a 6' extension so I can park a car inside. Has garage doors on the right and a ramp to a 40" door to a raised floor separate storage on the left. It is full. Also it is 50 feet from the house. Having snow blower and Gen. that far away was not handy. Was going to convert the Hot tub room we no longer use into a trike / bike garage. Still may do that too. Need room for toys. Thinking of putting a car lift in this new portable garage. Always wanted one.

George Carlin had a skit about that ' It was called;''STUFF'' Very funny..ThumbUp

It is done. Now all the motorcycles have their own home and the car is safe from the elements too.. I tried a car cover last year. When it was covered with 6" of snow, was not fun.
Wow now I have more room for toys. Yea!
Not happy with the door system. Working on an improvement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 109

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back