Garage Door Opener

Udawg

80+ Posts
Jun 30, 2020
Kathleen, GA, USA
For those of you with an Apple Watch I just wanted to share this Door Opener trick. I realize a lot of you probably already have it but if not, it's a help when coming home. If you have a MyQ Smart Garage Controller (about $25 to $30) there is a file you can download from the app store called "Livekey". It allows you to setup an "OPEN" and "CLOSE" command to use in Siri. When approaching the garage just say "Hey Siri Open Garage" and the door opens for you and the same when leaving if you say "Hey Siri Close Garage". You can also setup a "Garage status" to see if it's open or closed. I know some of you just have the MYQ app programmed so you can use it but it just didn't work that well for me. Personally I don't have "Hey Siri" turned on because i don't want it listening to everything said around me 24/7 but it still works with the watch by just raising it and speaking "Open Garage" without the "Hey Siri". Just wanted to share for those that might be interested. You don't have to buy the "MyQ Home Bridge" with Livekey. Ride Safe!

If your hone is connected to your bike - you can say Hey goggle or hey Suri - ask MyQ to open my door. Subscription is $10 per year if I recall.

There is also a way to set up your bike so when you hit the high beams, your garage door will open you can go onto YouTube and see how that job is hooked up.

There is also a way to set up your bike so when you hit the high beams, your garage door will open you can go onto YouTube and see how that job is hooked up.

You still need the HD remote garage door opener. That video shows you how to splice the HD remote into your headlight wires. That keeps you from having to buy the harness that HD says that you need. I did this with my 16 CVO Street Glide and it worked fine.

Whenever this topic comes up, I think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEbYrOB7ss. It's a British solution, but imagine it would work here in the US as well.

BTW - I seriously like the idea of using the little useless cubbyhole thing in the fairing. I certainly can't use it for a modern Iphone. Thanks!

What year is your trike-on my new trike there is a rubber sleeve/boot in the cubby that is removable…….pull it out and my Apple cell phone now fits! (you can slide it back in as necessary)

:Coffee:

What year is your trike-on my new trike there is a rubber sleeve/boot in the cubby that is removable…….pull it out and my Apple cell phone now fits! (you can slide it back in as necessary)

:Coffee:

It's a 2023.

Phone is iPhone XS Max with a Rockform case on it.

Thing is, I've got 3 other bikes and use the Rockform mount on them. My phone, with the case on it - no way it'll fit in there. Taking the case off is a bit of a PITA so, not that.

Simple enough solution, Rockform perch mount on the right. Got an adapter for the cigar lighter to USB. Phone problem solved. Put a wireless CarPlay dongle on the USB cable in the cubby, close the cubby. Wireless CarPlay and the cubby door closes no problem.

I had a 2014 Electra Glide, seems I had problems there too, don't remember. Haven't had a batwing bike since until now with the trike. I'm a Road King/Sportster guy.

Maybe I exaggerated my statement about the cubby. My bad.

If you have an older GD opener that uses a small 12volt battery, with a little work you can wire it to your Hi beam so when you hit the hi beam switch it powers the remote and opens or closes the door. I found a spare remote on ebay so I didn't have to use the one I had. Velcroed under the fairing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back