pressure switch in air ride needs replaced, where get?

I have a 2005 Honda Goldwing Motor Trike conversion. I believe the air pressure switch controlling air bag suspension is not working correctly. Where can I find a replacement switch?

Thanks

Look on the Motor Trike site and find the closest dealer near you and give them a call.

I ordered mine (entire unit is how MotorTrike sold it) from MotorTrike direct.

1. My voltage meter was not filling in all of the LCD sections when I first start the bike but it would give a full reading after a few minutes.

2. The air pressure switch would only activate the air pump after repeated tries. Sometime it would not activate at all. The air release however would always drop the pressure which made the failure to activate the pump even more of a problem.

I had my mechanic (Luke Ritter at Kustom Bike Worx in Jamestown, TN) do the installation so he could ensure the proper power was being supplied.

The new unit works only slightly better. So I'm not at all sure that the switch unit itself is/was totally at fault.

DSC_0104.jpgDSC_0115.jpgDSC_0163.jpg

This may not apply because I will admit I'm not sure how Motortrike handles the suspension. I know on my CSC, it maintains the factory rear suspension adjustor.

Before I triked my 07 (bought used in 2014) in 2016, I did have a couple of random times where I would have the suspension not work. It would increase but not decrease or even would give me a suspension error message. It actually started happening more frequently after the conversion and was driving me nuts. I did a bunch of troubleshooting and was stumped. I checked the switch as well as relays and everything seemed OK. I don't remember why but somehow I ended up checking the connectors on the rear of the dash. This is not mentioned in any of the troubleshooting guides.. There were 3 connectors back there. I was able to reach up through the fork tunnel while up front and began to check them by pushing them in. I discovered the connector towards the clutch side wasn't pushed in all the way. I pushed it and heard a click and now it was fully seated. I haven't had any issues since and that was probably at least 3 years ago. Because it wasn't fully seated, it would have intermittent problems with suspension. The only thing I can think of was that the dash had been removed at some point before I bought it and the connector was never fully pushed in. That cause the initial issue. When the trike conversion was done, I would assume that the dash had to be loosened in order to install the rake kit and this may have cause stress on the connector and pulled it out slightly more.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back