Power Commander V

See we told you. Glad you trusted in us. Now go enjoy. Let us know if you think it runs cooler also. I'm sure it is.

Hard to say on being cooler. Yesterday, I rode with my tennis shoes, no boots and the heat index was 105. It wasn't what I would call cool, but my leg wasn't unbearably uncomfortable. So there is hope!

I think then it has done the job as intended. With those conditions and your leg was okay you have suceeded.

I went another step and removed the lower doors. Can be done easily. They can be removed without removing the lower faring themselves. From what I have determined, there is additional less restricted air flow to the front of the engine. So far I have ... synthetics in all holes, removed lower doors, floorboard extensions, PCV, Slipons, SEAC. I am not where I want to be yet, but I am well on my way. As I have been told, keep in mind it is a air cooled engine so in my summer months it will be somewhat hot.

Also, got tired of getting a key each time at the gas pumps, so I was in my HD dealer yesterday and got a new gas filler cover as well as a push button and installed. Much cleaner look to me and much easier at fill ups.

John

Sorry forgot an important modification .... "No More Fried Theighs" heat shields. Those things really work.

JSH

Sorry forgot an important modification .... "No More Fried Theighs" heat shields. Those things really work.

JSH

Grab a set of tour pack hinges, and a battery tender (get the cable for the easy hook up to the battery which is an other 8 bucks.. note: use the frame ground not the battery ground) The hinges are a cheap mod that looks great and the tender is a must if you want to prolong the life of the trike battery.

Another inexpensive mod is a seat thumb screw. No more screwdriver to remove the seat. Little stuff, I know, but fun stuff too.

Oh yea, the seat screw. Lost it, found it, lost it. Gone. Hubby has a hard time with those screws when he is working on my bike. So my back rest is holding it on right now.

Great to hear Jamie at Fuelmoto has maps for the TG !
I bought his high flow air cleaner & PC III for mine & Lynn's bikes
and it worked out great. I get 42-45 mpg on my Ultra.
We will definatly get a PC from him for her 2010 TG.
Rob ......

Reksul ... thanks for the suggestion. I had a 08 heritage and my neighbor and I rode over to Belhaven one Saturday afternoon. Stopped by Hardees for a burger and came out and dumb old me left the switch on. I had been killing the engine with the kill switch. Well battery almost dead as a doornail ... just enough for it to laugh at me. Well Scottie said no problem ... I will push you. Picture this ... a 56 year old rookie being pushed by a 52 year old fire dept captain. Well after about 15 feet thought I was going to have to call a anbulance for old Scottie ... I got so tickled as he did. We were two wild funny looking fellows in the Hardees parking lot. Long story to say ... I now have two battery tenders and I bought one for Scottie. I will check out the hindges. By the way ... the push botton for the gas cap cover is super.

John

True story....

At a recent PGR mission there were about a 140 bikes all lined up nice and neatly in a line. We got the signal for KSU and seems all but one started. Mind you that it was 90*+.

The rider pushed it out of line while several others looked on to see what was going on... well, they all pushed and pushed. No joy... then pushed and ran and pushed even more... no joy. After three attempts someone noticed a simple item. Once the ignition switch was turned on he caught up with the rest of us and all was well again.

I had thought about the QD fuel lid but my itty-bitty motor sips gas (HA:D:D) and I don't mind using a key. Keeps the midnight ranger from vandalizing my gas mixture too. :D

The hinges can be a royal pain to install but well worth it. A great mod for 50 bucks. See my pic below and you will see how they stand out. It's normally the first thing someone asks about.

Don't bother with purchasing the push-button for the gas door. Flip it open, take a wrench and loosen/remove the retainer nut, remove the lock, turn it around 180-degrees and install it, replace the nut and you have a lockless door lid. All you have to do is push in on the lid from the bottom and she lifts right up. The gas thieves will think it's locked, but you will never need the key again and did not spend the money for that push-button. Old...old...old trick.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back