Pace maker problem

May 25, 2011
Griffin, Ga USA
My Wife's hart pace maker gets erratic when she rides with me. I'm guessing the spark plug system is the culprit. Any suggestion to prevent this? Please don't tell me to have her not ride on the motorcycle (I'm well aware of this solution and will do this if I can't find another way to prevent this).

My Wife's hart pace maker gets erratic when she rides with me. I'm guessing the spark plug system is the culprit. Any suggestion to prevent this? Please don't tell me to have her not ride on the motorcycle (I'm well aware of this solution and will do this if I can't find another way to prevent this).

Just a shot in the Dark here......In a dark garage run the engine with the headlights coved and once your eyes adjust for the total darkness, Stare at the spark plug wires slowly raising the RPM's up and down and look for a possible arcing wire..:Shrug:

Just a shot in the Dark here......In a dark garage run the engine with the headlights coved and once your eyes adjust for the total darkness, Stare at the spark plug wires slowly raising the RPM's up and down and look for a possible arcing wire..:Shrug:

Good point Bob

I wonder if this system operates with resistor type spark plugs?

You might try a set of taylor plug wires ... they are available from DK Customs. My 15 Tri was getting bad spark knock and the taylor wires helped greatly. I had visible arching in the garage without doing anything to the lights.

As a side note, Kevin did a lot of testing on HD wires and found lots of a batch of 100 failed specks. I forget the numbers but I believe it was over 50%.

Just to add, spray the wires with windex while running also.

I would like to know why, just in case I ever need to know.

The spark will be hotter more visible, too much spray will cause a mis fire But that is what you want to see

Spark plug wire leakage does cause intermittent problems. If you do not have an ohm meter to test them, spray them, if the wires are breaking down it will rear its ugly head;)

The spark will be hotter more visible, too much spray will cause a mis fire But that is what you want to see

Spark plug wire leakage does cause intermittent problems. If you do not have an ohm meter to test them, spray them, if the wires are breaking down it will rear its ugly head;)

Yep, Had bad wires on my Spyder, When it was new [08]...I didn't have to spray them , Just needed a dark garage ....And at the time only special wires could be used because of the BUD/Canabus system:Shrug: ....Took 3 weeks for them to send it to the dealer and it was under warranty ... The early Spyder's were not ready for prime time..

When HEI first came out in the automotive industry, at night time if the humidity was just right you could see the plug wires glow

Now add some more water in a spray and Bingo, you could cause a mis fire if you had leakage in the wires

It was a quick sell to customers that needed or wanted a tune up

I would like to think Harley uses a very good wire on their machines given the hostile environment they live;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back