Odd clutch problem

Gvette85

5+ Posts
Oct 2, 2022
Florence
On my 14 Triglide when I ride on the Interstate 70-75 mph for a while and start to stop the clutch lever is slack,you can barely feel any resisrance.Pump the lever a few times and it gradually comes back.It's been doing this for a while but gotten worse.Strange thing is if I ride it around 50-55 it doesn't do this. It feels like air in the system.Any ideas are appreciated.

When was the fluid changed last, could have moisture in it and if you have pump it to get it to work properly then it has air in system.

Just throwing this out and I'm sure seombody will get on here and give you a better answer than I did, Just thought I would throw out what I think it is

All for now Trampas

As you ride the fluid heats up, this causes gas bubbles that cannot compress, so the clutch acts up ( this also increases moisture in the fluid that does not compress)

Suck all the old fluid out of the master, wipe out any crud left inside the master, top it off, bleed out the slave cylinder, Do this at least every 2 years and you should be good to go

Buy A good racing Brake fluid, Like Wilwood its got a hi boiling point, works good & last a long time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back