Only one shot at it...

I'm only good for one down & up off the floor, so could someone please tell me how to adjust the "park brake", and what tool is required.. I've checked the owners (online) manual and find no mention of it...

I have logged about 200 miles so far, and trying really hard to enjoy this new experience, but not there yet... Wife really likes it .

I'm only good for one down & up off the floor, so could someone please tell me how to adjust the "park brake", and what tool is required.. I've checked the owners (online) manual and find no mention of it...

I have logged about 200 miles so far, and trying really hard to enjoy this new experience, but not there yet... Wife really likes it .

Please give us a ring at 800-331-0705 and ask for Mark Wenzel. He can walk you through any maintenance procedures. And give the trike some time. There wouldn't be so many on the road if they didn't work well!

Hang in there. It takes 500 -1,000 miles for new trike drivers to be really comfortable driving a new rig. This is particularly true if you drive in a lot of curves like I do. But, keep the faith. Once you really get the hang of it you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

BTW, it really helps if you can follow a buddy around so you learn quicker what the trike is capable of instead of constantly "testing the water". :Dorag:

Riding a trike is like anything new, it takes time. There are trike riding courses available and you can take one of those, you may want to check with the local Harley dealer or Can-Am dealer for more info. MSF may also be able to tell you where there is a trike riding course or may run one.

Don't give up, you'll enjoy the trike once you get used to it.

Hi William, Welcome to Trike Talk

Hang in there, you will get more comfortable the more you ride and more confident as you do your own maintenance ;)

Once I got used to it..... I'll never go back, I love the way it feels NOW, but yes it did take a few days, when I had mine built, I drove up to the dealership in my car, (wife in car so she drove car home) and rode new trike home (approx 150 miles).. I was forced to learn the difference immediately, by the time I got home, (and somehow the mileage home increased by maybe another 100 miles, I was so in love with my new trike, I still can't get the smile off my face, my wife actually accused me, of doing something wrong, as I got home 2 1/2 hours after she did...LOL

Ronnie

I'm guessing that you've already talked to RoadSmith, but if not, I can give you some direction on my 2012 on how the adjustment works. Peel the cover away from the handbrake where it connects to the cable, you'll see two nuts, those the the adjust nuts, pretty straight forward as you see it. Don't over tighten that cable, or you might get just a tiny bit of drag on the right brake rotor and the heat will warp or change the metal alignment/composition of that rotor, that is not a good thing. If you set the hand brake, always, always, be sure it's in the release position before you drive off. If I have to use the hand brake, I set it hard so the machine will not move as you begin to give it throttle, that way you know there's a problem and you won't damage the rotor. As a side note, only the right wheel has the hand brake set, at least on the 2012, could be different after that year. Happy trails.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back