Okeene oklahoma rattle snake hunt

Phill Griggs

450+ Posts
Oct 27, 2011
Bixby Ok
A couple of weeks ago Roy and I rode the 149 miles to Okeene Oklahoma the 80th annual Rattle Snake Festival.

Caution you will see pictures of snakes

"ENJOY THE RIDE ON TULSA TIME"

A couple of weeks ago Roy and I rode the 149 miles to Okeene Oklahoma the 80th annual Rattle Snake Festival.

Caution you will see pictures of snakes

All I needed to know ... I love your videos Phil, but, Snakes are one of my many psychoses ... and I do mean many ... :AGGHH: .. It's why I never was stationed on a sub, even though nuclear trained ... couldn't pass the psych :D

All I needed to know ... I love your videos Phil, but, Snakes are one of my many psychoses ... and I do mean many ... :AGGHH: .. It's why I never was stationed on a sub, even though nuclear trained ... couldn't pass the psych :D

I was on 2 different Subs, nuclear trained & I'm glad I never got asked too many Psych questions.:cool:

We have Waurika here doing the same silly thing. I wonder, is that a corridor(Waurika to Okeene) of snakes or a corridor of dumb people that go out and catch the things. I've heard that oil sites are good places to stay away from because snakes seem to love the places. So I wonder if that's where they catch a lot of those dang things then if it's true. Those things, snakes in general, just scare the heck out of me. As far as I'm concerned they could all just die and I'd be happy. I understand the justification for them about rodents, but how about both all die then. Yuck. I hate the things. Yes, snakes and rats.

We used to ride from Midland to Sweetwater TX every March for the Rattlesnake Roundup at Sweetwater. Those pits full of snakes STUNK! So GROSS! Never have figured out what the fascination with snakes is.

Haven’ been to the Roundup now for a number of years...ho-hum,,,been there, done that...a bunch. It was a reason for a motorcycle ride.

Afterwards we would go eat at Ms. Alan’s (its now called Alan’s Family Restaurant) in Sweetwater for fried chicken like Mama used to make...all you can eat along with the fixin’s and other meats. The price has gone up to $10.00/person now....worth every penny. No more snake rides but Ms. Alan’s is a once/year MUST.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back