Oil leak

I have a 2012 tri glide that sprung an oil leak from the oil cooling lines. The rubber hose near the engine case where the hose clamp is attached just behind the clamp cracked. Has anybody else had this problem? Also, I would like to know what's the average life of a front tire? Mine wore out at 6500 miles. What is the average life for rear brake pads and rotors? I have 7000 miles on mine and it's time for the rear pads to be changed. I went to the HD dealer to price rear rotors, they want $256 for two brand new rotors. The parts guy told me the rear rotors are made out of heavier metal to last longer and keep from warping. I read on this forum where someone posted the rear rotors were $256 apiece but it is for a pair, not one.

I have a 2012 tri glide that sprung an oil leak from the oil cooling lines. The rubber hose near the engine case where the hose clamp is attached just behind the clamp cracked. Has anybody else had this problem? Also, I would like to know what's the average life of a front tire? Mine wore out at 6500 miles. What is the average life for rear brake pads and rotors? I have 7000 miles on mine and it's time for the rear pads to be changed. I went to the HD dealer to price rear rotors, they want $256 for two brand new rotors. The parts guy told me the rear rotors are made out of heavier metal to last longer and keep from warping. I read on this forum where someone posted the rear rotors were $256 apiece but it is for a pair, not one.

$256 - For ''TWO'', Ronnies H/D has them at $230 for ''TWO''....

Changed my rear brake pads at 10,000 miles and the rotors were still good. Getting ready to order a new front tire as mine has 3/32" left on it at 16,000 miles. This is on a 2011 Tri Glide.

At around 40k miles one of my oil cooler lines started leaking. That was last summer on the way home from Alaska.

I was carrying extra hose with me, so I took a couple of hours in a parking lot and changed out the hoses. Hoses should be viewed as a wear item...vibration, heat, cold, all take a toll on the rubber hoses.

Front tires on the TG will last depending on how you ride, surfaces, and air pressure.

I have worn half the tread off a front tire in 1000 miles of fast riding in sweepers and twistys. I have had front tires last 12,000 miles. I keep the pressure up at 36 psi to get the most life possible, given riding and road conditions.

Brake pads will wear depending on how much you use the brakes. I replaced mine well over 25k miles and they still had some good life in them.

Why price rotors? Are your warped?

Kevin

Go with the Lyndall racing brake pads or EBC..

If your rotors are warped they sell them as a kit now for that everyday price.

My first set of pads only lasted 4K and messed up my rotors but I had the 2010 model..

My front tire has almost 12 k on it and still have sometime before I change it..Probably after this riding season..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kritnerjg
Back