Newb

May 16, 2012
Chicago
Hey All,

I am building a trike based on a 1969 FLH.

My lady has breast cancer and had a 2x masectomy. Before this I was building a bike for her...

Long story short she now wants a trike.

I have the complete 1969 FLH, a swingarm made for a servicar axle and the axle.

I need to get a front end configured...a friend is donating triple trees from a wide glide and dual disk tubes...length not yet determined.

Any help figuring this front end out is greatly appreciated...

No pictures yet... I will post some as soon as we make some progress.

thank you for reading

Fritz

Welcome aboard Fritz. A rake kit is almost going to be a necessity. PM Bazooka (he is the forum owner ) Great guy. Get his advise he also selld rake kits at a very reasonable price, but will not preassure you just give you advise if that's what you need. Good luck on the project.

Welcome aboard Fritz. A rake kit is almost going to be a necessity. PM Bazooka (he is the forum owner ) Great guy. Get his advise he also selld rake kits at a very reasonable price, but will not preassure you just give you advise if that's what you need. Good luck on the project.

Thank Gorilla...

I will PM BAzooka at once...I need to get this started..

Please keep the help coming guys

Fritz

I'm just curious, you will have 10X the money invested in 'conversion stuff' than the 1969 chassis is worth, and any resale would be practically zip. I think you would be better off with a later model Sportster chassis and motor to convert.

My wife went trike after her 'cancer dance' good luck.

I'm just curious, you will have 10X the money invested in 'conversion stuff' than the 1969 chassis is worth, and any resale would be practically zip. I think you would be better off with a later model Sportster chassis and motor to convert.

My wife went trike after her 'cancer dance' good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes.

So far I have 150 bucks in this...thats for the swingarm, which mounts to the FL frame. No welding necessary no raking of the frame.

I have the complete 69 slabside and hardware...our thoughts are to remove this next year when Traci is all better and she will be.

Then sell the trike gear... front end and swingarm etc... and restore the 69.

The servicar axle is rebuilt and worth 800 USD so that is a total of 950 so far...

I have the frame and motor so I dont have to spend the 2-3K for a Sporty. which (if she reads this I am toast) her short legs cant get over...

Please keep the ideas and comments coming...

Fritz

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back