New "unofficial" news from Troup, TX

May 18, 2010
Molino, FL for now
While I was out putting on about 2,300 miles (so far) in the last six days on my new Thunderbird (Florida to Iowa to Texas to Mississippi...so far) I decided to make a slight little "jaunt" down to the Stallion factory and see if I could find out anything for youse guys about the fate of the Stallion as it stands right now.

I have it from a very confidential source (who shall remain nameless) that TMS was able to locate about 150 2.3 engines from Ford at various warehouses around the country. If everything goes right TMS will be building 150 new Stallions sometime after January.

They are going with the previously mentioned 2.5 engine as well but while they are offering these new Stallions for sale (don't know if any dealers have this info yet...but I would bet they are probably aware of it or have heard rumors) it will give their "engineers" more time to make sure the new 2.5 engine is done right in being able to "fit" better in the next model year (read "2013's).

Your welcome...and their business is really located out in the boonies let me tell you.

Dennis

Good news, BUT I find it rather odd with people standing in line to order/buy new Stallions and they have access to the 2.3's, that they are waiting until Jan to start building again. Am I missing something?

It may be that they are in the process of locating these "leftover" engines and shipping them back to Troup, TX. Once they have, what they believe, the remaining engines they can plan on how many body shells and whatever other odds and ends they will need to restart production.

For all we know they may have let people go when they stopped production and may be in the process of locating those workers or training new workers in the production of the new Stallions.

Time will tell.

Dennis

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back