New Trike is here

Congrats, Bill! See ya in Kerrville. If the weather is good in March, will have repaint done on the Old Girl. Ken

Lookin forward to seeing u both again in Kville. Janiene made that recipe for New years gathering & everyone liked it. None left over,lol. Thanx to Suzanne. See ya'ii in April if Gods willin & the creeks don't rise.

Dealer called this morning, new trike is in. Hauled the 16 over & they will start moving some parts . All tires to be swapped as I just got a new Avon on the front & Goodyears on the rear. Garage door opener , seat, Trike Mirror Polished SS Wheel Disc, Reach handlebars,Edge Cut grips & a few other things.

Also they are going to see if they can swap that vent in the fairing. HD in all their combined idiotic wisdom, did away with the closing button. Prob saved them a $1. Anyway SM thinks he can swap it. I hope so. Don't like to ride with it open. And of course the week end is going to turn to (&^&%.. At least it will be ready for the Hill Country mid April.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bill if you want me to, ship it down here & I will brake it in for you so it will be ready for Hill country

Ps. congrats on the new ride

Bill if you want me to, ship it down here & I will brake it in for you so it will be ready for Hill country

Ps. congrats on the new ride

Thanks for the offer Jr, but I have to pass. If I did that ,after you rode it long enough to break it in, you would want to keep it & give up on the Honda. Thanks my friend. See ya in April

Bill,

I would appreciate the part number and any issues that you run into (hope not) with the fit.

Even though I am new to the family of HD bikes I found it strange that an option to change from a flap being able to be closed and opened to "just remain open" was interesting (cost of manufacture I guess).

Thanks for wishing me the best of luck regarding the surgery, but I have severe nerve damage in both hands, so anything could/might happen we shall see. Won't stop me riding at all :D

Jon.

WIll have the part # for the vent Mon. Hope the surgery goes well.

So Dealer called late yesterday, finally got the road test in. All the rain we had cleaned the roads off. However I can't pick it up till Mon,due to crappy weather & other commitments. So when we get it home the work begins. Still a ton of stuff to put on. Bumper, Mustang passenger backrest with extended armrests, shift levers & shift arm, mirrors,clutch & brake levers, luggage rack, rider pegs & I know I have forgotten something. lol Anyway, I will be ready for Kerrville. If weather is crappy, in the trailer for a ride down to Tx. I do have to get 500 miles on it before so Dealer can service for the Tx trip.

Congrates on the new bike and I hope surgery went well. Sounds like a good dealer there helping you out.

I just ordered a 2020 after canceling an order with one dealer after a shouting match in the showroom. Went much smoother at the 2nd dealer and even a better deal. Can't wait for it to be ready too.

Good luck with yours...

Great news :clapping:

I asked about the vent (my friend is a Harley owner) and as you stated you cant close the vent. Will test ride it in the wet no doubt :xzqxz:

29200003 Prt # for vent with close button. $93, but search the web & get a better price... Got it home now more parts to swap[h=1][/h]

Bill,

Thanks for the part number.

Is this part only for TG's?

WhiteBlock.jpg

AIR DUCT INNER FAIRING

AIR DUCT INNER FAIRING

Fitment:

Sturdyke has it for $69. does not say only for tri glide

Congrats on the new TRI, I love that color very sharp. Looking forward to see yall in Kerrville!

Thanks Robert, Harley threw another curve. I bought Janiene a Mustang backrest with black studs & a bit longer armrests last Xmas. HD changed the mounting on the backrest & now we can't use it. See ya in Kville.

Thanks Robert, Harley threw another curve. I bought Janiene a Mustang backrest with black studs & a bit longer armrests last Xmas. HD changed the mounting on the backrest & now we can't use it. See ya in Kville.

Mustang manufacturers are not dumb, they probably will soon be having you return the backrest so you can pay them to remove the old and add the new brackets. I hope. ;)

That is the reason I stay all harley stuff, no aftermarket for me at least some things I will go aftermarket, but most stuff is HD, yes I pay more but at least it fits and can go to another bike maybe LOL

Hope you get this figured out without having to pay a bunch of money

All for now Trampas

I doubt an older (2 yrs ) backrest from HD would fit either. HD always changes stuff every couple years & I don't care if you have HD stuff it Won"t fit.

Got the bumper , luggage rack, shift arm & levers, ( another HD part that won't fit, tranny arm cover ) mirrors, all 4 floorboards covers, brake & emergency pedals covers, rider pegs. More tomorrow.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back