New TriGlide neutral???????

There is no substitution for a proper adjustment if it's needed, but like others here I found that Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof gear oil works well to quiet shifts and help finding gears, particularly neutral. This stuff goes in looking like Peptol Bismol, thick and pink, but offers a great improvement.

I had the same problem when it was new.Asked the service manager at the dealer about it,duh said there wasn't any adjustment that you could make to the clutch so i don't ask him much about anything anymore.Anyway it has seemed to get better with miles.

mine did the same thing till I adjusted the clutch and went with Amsoil in the
primary and Trans.
will go into neutral 99% of the time.
also as you get more miles on that also helps.

I seem to recall mine might have been a little tough when new. But that was 35,000 miles ago and my memory could be playing tricks. I will say that I switched over to synthetic oil in both engine and tranny after 1st service and it shifts fine right now.

Mine also did the same, after changing over it works much smoother.

that's a good idea except that we are 't supposed to blip an EFI motor.

Bobs, That's news to me, have any idea why? I've blipped all my EFI's so far with no problem.

Phu Cat

Phu, it was meant tongue-in-check. I just noticed I forgot the laughing face. I fixed it.

just adjust the clutch. the type oil does not matter. i agree with the statemeant its all dealer prep

Getting some miles and a properly adjusted clutch is the key, but type of oil does matter. I would not put oil formulated for an engine in a transmission.
I chose and recommend Redline V-twin with shockproof because it's sold over the counter, not too overpriced, protects like a heavy oil but flows like 75/90 and was recommended by several Harley Tech's and Racing shops. Plus a lot of HDforum member's swear by it. JMO

Getting some miles and a properly adjusted clutch is the key, but type of oil does matter. I would not put oil formulated for an engine in a transmission.
I chose and recommend Redline V-twin with shockproof because it's sold over the counter, not too overpriced, protects like a heavy oil but flows like 75/90 and was recommended by several Harley Tech's and Racing shops. Plus a lot of HDforum member's swear by it. JMO

:Agree: I buy Shock proof by the case, night and day difference in how the trans shifts. Your right on the money about some miles and a clutch adjustment.

My new Tri is almost impossible to put in neutral...have to bend over and move shifter with my hand (which works pretty well).

Can I just drain and re-fill with the Redline Shock Proof?

Thanks

At the suggestions of others here, switched to Redline (and synth in the engine/primary) at my 1k service and I would say it's 99% easier now to shift into neutral. Before I was doing like you and shutting it down. Or using my hand like Cap'n Pete.

Before the fluid change I noticed that I would have more luck if I pulled up and sorta into the case rather than just up. I know that sounds stupid but.

My .02 (that and 98 more cents might get you a half decent cup-a-Joe)

Oh, this is off subject but I am doing away with the heel shifter. Went to get on while it was running and put it into 2nd. Not fun. Plus my foot seems cramped with it while riding. And I only wear a size 10 boot.

Rob

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back