new tri-glide hard to steer??

Jackf, Are there roads in your part of Florida that are lightly traveled? If you can find one where you can see a long ways ahead, put your bike in the center of the road, then see if it still pulls to the right. Being in the center of the crown would seem like the 'pulling' effect should go away.

I'm in Ocala, where are you?

Phu Cat
2012 TG

I don't have a Harley but I guess most trikes respond the same to road crown , etc.My 1500 / Hannigan seemed to take a lot of "left hand " to keep it straight.
Had the alignment checked and it was off.Corrected and now you can let go of the bars and it will go straight if the road is good.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I installed the 2"pullback handle bars. Like night & day. Steers easier & you don't have to put that much pressure on the left bar to keep it going straight. Well worth the bucks.

You can't compare how the TG steers to a Two wheeler, The TG steers much heavier than any two wheeler,
But You can lighten it a little bit by adding the lift from tGLIDEStuff.com.

I installed the 2"pullback handle bars. Like night & day. Steers easier & you don't have to put that much pressure on the left bar to keep it going straight. Well worth the bucks.

I totally agree. I put a set of 2" pullback bars on my wife's 2010 Flhxxx back in 2010. They made a big difference in the steering for her. I've got a set sitting in the garage waiting for her J&M 3 way speaker's and hidden antenna to get here so I can do it all at once. Check your neck bearings adjustment and pump it full of good quality Synthetic grease.

I totally agree. I put a set of 2" pullback bars on my wife's 2010 Flhxxx back in 2010. They made a big difference in the steering for her. I've got a set sitting in the garage waiting for her J&M 3 way speaker's and hidden antenna to get here so I can do it all at once. Check your neck bearings adjustment and pump it full of good quality Synthetic grease.

Are you talking about HD's 2" pullbacks? Because I'm having them installed right now during it's 1K service & hope it helps it steer a little easy on the bad shoulder.

Are you talking about HD's 2" pullbacks? Because I'm having them installed right now during it's 1K service & hope it helps it steer a little easy on the bad shoulder.

Had them installed on mine and it made a big difference and my shoulders loved them. No more aches and pains after long rides.

Had them installed on mine and it made a big difference and my shoulders loved them. No more aches and pains after long rides.

That's good. I won't have much time to try them though, I'm getting a total shoulder joint replaced in a couple weeks but I'm planning to be riding again in a few months?
By the way , I was born & raised just west of you in Elyria,Oh. & ride back every couple years to see some old friends. I'm planning to get back again this summer.

The only problem I've noticed with the 2" pullback bars is when you are sitting at a stop & you have the bars cranked all the way to the left &you take off, it's hard to let out the clutch because it's tucked into your ribgage. Other than that I love them.

That's good. I won't have much time to try them though, I'm getting a total shoulder joint replaced in a couple weeks but I'm planning to be riding again in a few months?
By the way , I was born & raised just west of you in Elyria,Oh. & ride back every couple years to see some old friends. I'm planning to get back again this summer.

PM me when you do. Possibly we could meet up.

Put a set of 1.25 lift brackets on from TGlideStuff after Christmas. Rode 65 miles with them. TriGlide takes the turns a lot better. Very little pressure on the bars to make the curves. Believe this will help my shoulder. Rod69 TOI #900

2009 Red Hot Sunglow

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back