New CAR TIRES for the Spyder F3S!

There is no 'Darkside" when it comes to Spyders as they come from the factory with car tires.Your rims are labeled "J" type, a car rim designation by DOT. The tires are labeled "Special Motorcycle"so they won't be used on a car. Their construction is so light they would be unsafe on a car. You will find that your Spyder will do better with these better tires. Try running your fronts at 15 - 16 and your rear at 18-20 lbs air pressure. Because of the strength of real car tires you wo'nt need as much air to support the weight of your Spyder. I get 30,000 to 40,000 out of my rear tire and I have never worn out a front tire, I just wanted to try something else after 30,000+ miles.

There is no 'Darkside" when it comes to Spyders as they come from the factory with car tires.Your rims are labeled "J" type, a car rim designation by DOT. The tires are labeled "Special Motorcycle"so they won't be used on a car. Their construction is so light they would be unsafe on a car. You will find that your Spyder will do better with these better tires. Try running your fronts at 15 - 16 and your rear at 18-20 lbs air pressure. Because of the strength of real car tires you wo'nt need as much air to support the weight of your Spyder. I get 30,000 to 40,000 out of my rear tire and I have never worn out a front tire, I just wanted to try something else after 30,000+ miles.
Well hello Paul, didn't know you were over here too, not much going on this forum about Spyders. Glad to see your post.

Well hello Paul, didn't know you were over here too, not much going on this forum about Spyders. Glad to see your post.
Well I was thinking it was the Dark side with all the information I was reading about folks telling you not to tell the tire store that your putting car tires on a Spyder, and other info about tire shops that won't put car tires on a spyder. I believe it is the dark side. My view anyway.
Ive put a car tire on my kawasaki Nomad 1600, and back then (2008) on the nomads forum it was called the darkside.
It's all good because the tires that are approved for my spyder (kendas) are as round as an egg.

Well I was thinking it was the Dark side with all the information I was reading about folks telling you not to tell the tire store that your putting car tires on a Spyder, and other info about tire shops that won't put car tires on a spyder. I believe it is the dark side. My view anyway.
Ive put a car tire on my kawasaki Nomad 1600, and back then (2008) on the nomads forum it was called the darkside.
It's all good because the tires that are approved for my spyder (kendas) are as round as an

Just an update on my car tires I had put on. 1,000 miles and no sign of wear. I'm digging it.
I'm running 18 psi front and back. The ride as far as comfort goes is superb. Very comfy. As far as handling goes, they hug the rd great. I've been in rain several times and feel very confident in there traction. I have spun the rear wheel a few times (not intentionally) at a light when it was raining, but I have my pedal box set at Sport III. The throttle can be twitchy on this setting. It was kinda fun going sideways though lol.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNT
Back