New bike soon to be triked

Do you have a link or a place where you got those Bones? I also filled in the blank area at the bottom rear with LED's also, they fit perfect in that space. I think the side markers are a plus ! And there just running lights or do they blink as well?
Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, you never have enough lites. Yes they are tied into the blinkers with a conversion harness, here is the links.

http://www.chromeworld.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={d9368967-0640-4510-a450-9d3b35470a29}&gid={b150df75-276d-498a-b805-0be7925aadef}&GroupName=Yamaha+Royal+Star+Venture+Lights&pname=Show+Chrome+LED+Dual+Conversion+Harness&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

MOC-x13 series Oval Clearance Lamp | Marker | Marker/Clearance Lights | Truck Lights & Lamps | Truck/Trailer | Super Bright LEDs

Pics of the lights I added. Inside the stock tail lights is the 32 LED custom dynamics circuit boad and the oval LED lights I mentined in a previous post.
5413 is lights off
5415 is tail lights lights on
5416 is lights on with brake applied
The oval lights are wired to be used as tail, turning, and brake lights with the stock lights.
More ligt work to be done but for now the main ones are done. Wiring in some more accent lights & a trunk light once I get them.
Larry

I know I'm a bit late responding to this thread but haven't been here in a while for It makes me itchy not having my trike home. Called my dealer and he's going to bring my trike home next week. So am planning on installing lights as Larry and Cougar have done.
I have a question for either of you fellows which is have you given any thought in installing amber lights in the front of your rear wheels so anyone approaching you will know your not just a two wheel bike. Or am I just paranoid!!
By the way Thanks for posting those links for lighting Cougar sure makes thinks a bit easier for searching.

Lightnen

That was Bones that posted the links. I ordered a few different sets from that site as well ... I am still hooking up my lights should be done this weekend, And no your not paranoid!! I think that is a great Idea. I now have plenty of lights in the rear I just have always wanted a set on the sides as the body is so wide I want people to see my in the dark.. more the merrier I say !!! I think you have a great idea there. If you do it I want to see pictures of it please. ThumbUp
Oh I am also going make the middle trunk light a running light as well when I get all this new wiring done.
Jeff

Sorry there Cougar thought it was you that posted the links. But anyways glad Bones did post the links.
Well I'm going to order some of them side marks in red and amber not sure whether to have them blink or not but probably will. I have one of them light bars Larry was mentioning and was thinking of installing it on the lower trunk door near the key lock. I think Hannigans light bar is way too low, for I've had idiots come up at stops and almost kiss my rear fender when on two wheels.
But anyways Thanks and will post pic's in a few weeks.

Lightnen:Trike1:

This is why I added the TOP Trunk light bar. it's pretty bright
when facing it head on... I bought it when it was being triked in primer
and had Hannigan paint it to match.. perfect timing :laugh: my side lights
rear side fenders WILL blink as well. .not sure about the brake on them yet :p

ya I've got a spoiler with light bar built into it but I find in day time its not all that bright and the led's are kind of small. So I have this light bar that was removed when triked so I figured on installing some where's back there. LOL

Lightnen

P.S.
By the when I gave that American Chrome a call this afternoon for the led duel harness thingy and they told me that they won't or can not ship to Canada bummer so have been checking around for other suppliers found a couple but they want same price as 4 light units to ship up here. hmmmmm I'm not just off the farm so will keep looken. Thinks I just might have to build my own here.

Last edited:
Hang tight for a few days and I might not be using mine now.
And I will mail you mine for the USA Price I paid and shipping
Let me know. I got mine from Chrome World .... Is that what
you ment? the One that Bones linked?

Jeff

Yes they would not ship. I also checked a couple of other places that would ship but their shipping fees were just as much or more than what the parts are worth. I have a neighbour that works at car plant as Tech. he might be able to give me a hand to build my own. But if your not going to use yours let me know. I'll send ya the monies.

Lightnen

Added in my running lights. A pair of 4" red LED's mounted on the side of the trunk and a single red 10" LED strip light on a custom mount between the trunk and trike body. All three are only running lights. I mounted the side lights where i did to help get them up closer to eye level of other drivers. Same thing for the trunk light actually. Because of the fairly bright Third Brake light Hannigan uses I felt I didn't need another brake light plus there was already 4 running & brake lights on back. I've got another idea for up front but haven't gotten the lights yet. Stay tuned. ;)
Larry

Added in my running lights. A pair of 4" red LED's mounted on the side of the trunk and a single red 10" LED strip light on a custom mount between the trunk and trike body. All three are only running lights. I mounted the side lights where i did to help get them up closer to eye level of other drivers. Same thing for the trunk light actually. Because of the fairly bright Third Brake light Hannigan uses I felt I didn't need another brake light plus there was already 4 running & brake lights on back. I've got another idea for up front but haven't gotten the lights yet. Stay tuned. ;)
Larry

Yesssssss in deedy thats looking excellent Larry. I was thinking of putting my light bar in same place. was not sure if there would be enough room between trunk and lower door lock. those side markers looks good as well. The markers I have coming will mount on fender sides, might have to get a couple more now and mount on truck side like yours. Being up high like that will certainly catch the eye or at least hope so.. LOL

Bill

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back