New bike soon to be triked

Larry.. so how ya going about adding your aux tank ? you gunna wait till you get it back from Hannigan or install it right there? would they let you?
make sure they bring that rear trunk and seat back as far as it will go on
the false fender. the first thing that will happen is your wife will get on and she
will say how come there is no room left like it used to be? I even had to bring mine
back farther. there have been several members that has has this same problem.
and we still are not sure what causes it to happen.
I guess it would be more like the trunk location is off and she will feel like
she is being pushed on her back.
Good Luck!
Jeff

Larry,

Glad you'll be back on the road shortly and you're healing..

Eh we only go through life once !!!!

Sorry you missed our get together last Saturday. We'll have another in January 2013. I'll keep you posted

Larry, Leo3wheel has the same color scheme, triked by the same you want. He can be found here or venturerider.org, I'm sure he'll send you some pics so you can get a idea what you're will look like.

Jonesy, Larry and I have been corresponding. Guess we have similar tastes. :laugh:

Larry.. so how ya going about adding your aux tank ? you gunna wait till you get it back from Hannigan or install it right there? would they let you?
make sure they bring that rear trunk and seat back as far as it will go on
the false fender. the first thing that will happen is your wife will get on and she
will say how come there is no room left like it used to be? I even had to bring mine
back farther. there have been several members that has has this same problem.
and we still are not sure what causes it to happen.
I guess it would be more like the trunk location is off and she will feel like
she is being pushed on her back.
Good Luck!
Jeff
Thanks for the tip Jeff. Making a note of this & I'll make sure this subject is brought up when I drop off the bike. Wife loved the extra room with the trunk moved back with the TriWing trike. Probably will do my tank install after I get the bike back home but I'll check with John on this. My guess its not doable due to insurance reasons but it won't hurt to ask.
Larry

The bike looks like it is a good start for the conversion...

JohnB

Pegasus1300 I chose Hannigan this time around due to a couple of reasons.While I did like and enjoy the Tri-Wing I chose Hannigan because I wanted the independent suspension, disc brakes, larger storage trunk that Hannigan offers. I also liked the wider, lower, & longer stance of the Hannigan which I feels adds stability and smoothness to the ride. Of course all of this comes with added costs but I feel well worth it in the end. At the time I built the 05 RSV up with the Tri-Wing kit I was new to triking and on a limited budget thus necessitating the choice I made back then. I did enjoy the Tri-Wing very much and put on about 35k during the 5 years I had the conversion on the bike. We are just looking for the smoother ride and conveniences that that we'll have with the Hannigan trike. Having ridden other members Hannigan trikes I know I'm making a good choice too.
Larry

The bike looks like it is a good start for the conversion...
Do you install a clutch upgrade & DynaTek automatically with your conversion?

JohnB

"The bike looks like it is a good start for the conversion...

JohnB "
No to the DynaTek but yes to the clutch upgrade. The clutch up grade should be here any day now and will be installed prior to getting the bike into the shop.
Larry

"The bike looks like it is a good start for the conversion...

JohnB "
No to the DynaTek but yes to the clutch upgrade. The clutch up grade should be here any day now and will be installed prior to getting the bike into the shop.
Larry

So when am I going to get a chance to take that thing apart to help install all the new goodies you got ? :Shrug: Times a wasting !

This weekend is project time. The bucket list of work to be done will be:
change out the stock bars for the Flanders G-2 bars, add +2" longer throttle cables, +2" longer Stainless Steel Brake lines front and rear, new Avon grips, SkyDoc's heavy duty clutch upgrade kit, replace the factory horn with a Chromed Wolo Bad Boy air horn. Clean up and reroute wiring for the accent lights. Probably do a check overall of the bike too since this will really be the 1st time I've had a chance of going over it since buying it. i guess I'll be busy enough for a while now. ;-)
Larry

and,,, You will be Loving EVERY minute of it too :D

Great to read that you are back to "tinkering & tweaking" condition Larry. ThumbUp
See you soon.

It's starting to look like one of larry's bikes now, it's in 100 pieces all over the garage floor, maybe by Tuesday it will just be old parts on the floor :D We ganged up on it and tore the thing to bits :Shrug:

Yep we made some pretty good progress on it Saturday. pepper Thanks goes out to Jay and Joe who came by to do most of the wrenching while I supervised em. :Coffee:Larry

Owner Retains all take-offs except the Drive Shaft and female Spline Coupler from the Final Drive. Those 2 parts are utilized in the trike.
So, you actually do get them all back.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back