Never ending search for a comfortable seat

I have an airhawk seat, but I am having a hard time adjusting to it. I have tried several air adjustments, but I feel like I am riding on top of the bike, rather than "in" the seat. Any Suggestions? My regular seat is a reach seat, airhawk on top of that and sheepskin on top of that. My butt still hurts!

We have a 2000 Ultra Classic with a Motor Trike kit on it. We use the Zeppelin Air seat (don't remember the exact name of it); I adjusted the air seat to feel like I am sitting "in" it not "on" it. We both LOVE the seat. We ride all day in it without butt fatigue. We do use an Alaska Leathers seat cover on both seats....more for cool/heat comfort than anything else.

While your searching-Go to Wal-Mart, automotive section, look for a Gel seat pad. About $20
Looks like a waffle pattern on one side, is inside a nice vented cover.
Use a couple of those. Who knows, you may look no further!

I bought a Road Zeppelin before the trip I just got back from. I put almost 1,900 miles on and love it. I was stopping every 100 miles for gas and to let the wife have a smoke, if it wasn't for that I'm sure I could have run from tank to tank with no problems. At the end of a 590 mile day my hind end felt just like I had not ridden at all. Before with the stock seat on my 2010 Triglide my hind end would feel like it had bruises on it at the end of a long day and every 70 miles I wanted to stop and get off to ease the the pain.

I finally broke down and ordered the Road Zep. Should get it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting that "Lazy Boy recliner" feeling on my old butt.

Good Folks on here turned me onto Ultimate Seats out of Canada...Priced just a few $$$ more than Mustang (which I had on my Kawasaki before Trike)...their advertising is 100% spot on..."you're Butt will think it went to Heaven".

Ed

I finally broke down and ordered the Road Zep. Should get it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting that "Lazy Boy recliner" feeling on my old butt.

You don't have anything plugged into your accessory outlet do you? If you do your going to need PN 70264-94A which is a splitter so you can plug more than one item into the accessory outlet.

You don't have anything plugged into your accessory outlet do you? If you do your going to need PN 70264-94A which is a splitter so you can plug more than one item into the accessory outlet.

Thanks. Already got one. My Lenale fan plugs into the one side now. The other port is open and waiting for my Lazy Boy. :D

Installed my new led zepellin seat over the weekend and rode for about a hundred miles. Very, very comfortable!! Had to bend the mounting tab up a bit to get it to fit but all's well.
Also install a new Clearview 6.5" smoked shield. Very nice to get a "clear view" over the windshield and no wind buffeting in the face!

Installed my new led zepellin seat over the weekend and rode for about a hundred miles. Very, very comfortable!! Had to bend the mounting tab up a bit to get it to fit but all's well.
Also install a new Clearview 6.5" smoked shield. Very nice to get a "clear view" over the windshield and no wind buffeting in the face!

I'll second the clearview shield. I tried 4 or 5 and like the clearview the best.

I got the Ultimate seats on my vtx trike altho i had to do some metal fab work on the metal pan parts to make it work---
Lot's of trikes on the road and evergrowing in popularity----seems Ultimate would endevor to get on board with this emerging market ?
Short of a new seat --go on a high calorie diet and build your own padding :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back