Muffler ideas

tryin to quiet down a vtx 1300 mtr trike. it came w/samson's from factory I guess. anybody put car muffler under them. looking for very quiet, inexspensive conversion. any help appreciated-thanx

when i bought my trike it had the standard yamaha system on it and i kept tearing it off because of the way it was mounted and eventually i built my own system for $90. i bought two hot dog mufflers and attached them to the header pipes.the exhaust finishes just in front of the diff. it does sound loud but not over the top. my mates say when i turn up that they didnt hear me turn up so i have the best of both worlds, it,s throatie but also quite at the same time.

my TriKing 1500 Goldwing SE has dual car mufflers on it.The Gold wing mufflers were removed in the trike process and custom bent muffler pipe were welded on the header pipe then just past the diff the mufflers were added with chrome tail pieces attached to them As I said this was part of the triking process.Any good muffler shop with a tubing bender should be able to fix you up.They will have to put a Bell curve in the tube to clear the muffler,but this should not be a problem for them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back