MSRP decreased to $24,995.

I guess I see it as every one is cutting prices to stay in the game. I just purchased another Chevy truck for my company, it cost less than trucks we were buying 10 years ago.:eek:

Everyone is feeling the squeeze and TOYS are feeling it to a much greater degree, so I am not sure it has anything to do with sticking it to past customers.

Rich I hear your frustration, but if they can no longer sell enough of them at $33k then what option do they have? HD has come out with a stripped down trike (Street Glide Trike) several K's less than the Tri-Glide to get customers. TBMS is doing the same thing. Yes it might effect the resale of ours, but it would effect the resale alot more if TBMS went out of business due to lack of sales. We need them to stay in business to support our Stallions that we paid $33k for.

As far as the Ford dealers, call TBMS and have them find a dealer for you. I've had my wifes Stallon to 2 Ford dealers and they did well. They had to call TBMS for assistance, but what needed addressed was.

I was informed that you can take your Stallion to ANY car repair shop that will work on it. just have TMS phone number when you go in and if warranty is still in effect TMS will honor it.

I think TMS just stuck it to the customers who paid the $32,995 plus tax. Which I did. First they said you could take the Stallion to any Ford dealer. Wrong. I live in chicago area & none will have anything to do with it. There add does not say stripped down model.I know a lot of dealers use this site. Maybe good for you but not me. This machine was engineered great why do the have to sock it to us that way? I bought a trike with air because I think it was a great idea and should be kept that way. Had HD all my life, if I wanted to put up with heat in traffic I would have kept the HD. No longer a happy customer.
Rich

Rich-
My very first thought when I heard this was, man I bet my Stallion customers will be POed. But the more I thought about it, its more a matter of giving buyers options than a straight price cut, but price cutting is going on everywhere to stimulate business. Ford, Chrysler & GM have offered huge reductions on their vehicles this year in tandem with the govt's $4500 cash for clunkers and I saw an airline who was offering $49 flights to any US destination they service a couple of months back. I know that doesn't help your feelings any but if this helps keep TMS and its dealers in business and makes owning a new trike (even if its not as well equipped) more affordable for some, isn't that better than the alternative?

Rich; Enjoy what you got. You and the dealer made the deal and both of you were satisfied. That's all that matters.

I guarantee you that no mater what you buy, someone else got it at a better price. If you get on an airplane there's probably a number of folks that paid less for their seat.

I'm sure that there are folks here that paid less for their Ultra than I did, but that doesn't make me like mine any the less.

Life is too short and there are too many roads to be ridden to waste a single minute worrying if someone got a better deal than me.

No lecture intended, just my two cents worth.

Rich-
My very first thought when I heard this was, man I bet my Stallion customers will be POed. But the more I thought about it, its more a matter of giving buyers options than a straight price cut, but price cutting is going on everywhere to stimulate business. Ford, Chevy & GM have offered huge reductions on their vehicles this year in tandem with the govt's $4500 cash for clunkers and I saw an airline who was offering $49 flights to any US destination they service a couple of months back. I know that doesn't help your feelings any but if this helps keep TMS and its dealers in business and makes owning a new trike (even if its not as well equipped) more affordable for some, isn't that better than the alternative?

Good points, BUT Ford, Chevy & GM dont strip out all the desirable features to offer price reductions. And how will this affect stallion dealer inventories? Will you order stallions with various "options", in addition to the various colors?
My Ford dealer was promised a repair manuel by TBMS, none ever arrived. Result was the tech needing to take extra time on repairs. And what happened to the promised "new brake switch" and "hood pin sockets" to reduce the shakes. IMHO, TMS will disappear because of their business practices.

A former 09 Stallion owner

Please excuse me Road Runner, but as a former Stallion owner I don't see that these conversations affect you any longer.

As a current Stallion owner I am, of course, disappointed to learn of Thoroughbred Motorsport's difficulties but a company does whatever they have to when there is a downturn in the economy and reducing prices to maintain market standing is just good business.

I don't believe anyone who bought a Stallion bought it for investment purposes. Seems to me we just wanted our new, cool toy to ride.

Now, as for maintenance issues I believe we discuss those on another thread.

personally i would love to see them go out of bussiness or stop producing stallions. it would make mine more unique. stallion 204

Just a point of information the new brake switch is out. If you need one contact the dealer that you purchased your Stallion from. The switch is a significant re-design.

personally i would love to see them go out of bussiness or stop producing stallions. it would make mine more unique. stallion 204

??????????

I hope they are able to weather this downturn and produce more models, and are able to support themselves and their loved ones. Most of us look at fellow stallion owners and the company that produced them as family.

I agree Mattel. I'm glad to see them taking whatever steps necessary to build the company, dealer network and customer base. It can only be a positive for everyone including the current owners.

I agree Mattel. I'm glad to see them taking whatever steps necessary to build the company, dealer network and customer base. It can only be a positive for everyone including the current owners.

Zook,

Building the company is great, but without a viable dealer network the customer base just isn't there. Being in the Pacific NW, there are exactly ZERO dealers within a ~1000 mile drive from my location; the closest dealer to my location is in Henderson NV. If it wasn't for the fact of TBMS having a reciprocal agreement with Ford regarding service I wouldn't have bought my unit.

From what I have figured out there are 3 Stallions within a 250-mile drive from here (2 in my local area & one in Oregon). Can't rightfully speak for where 3-togo (Oregon) bought his rig but for the 2 local to my area we bought ours out of the area.

Bottom line for success: give them the outlet (dealers) & they will come.

The rumor mill has it that Trike Toys here in "Hooterville" (Henderson), is getting very shakey. He just moved into a new building last summer & probably got in over his head. If he goes under that'll "orphan" a lot of trikes in the area, because he not only handles Stalion, but Motor Trike, CSC, Champion, & a few others.

NM

I think TMS just stuck it to the customers who paid the $32,995 plus tax. Which I did. First they said you could take the Stallion to any Ford dealer. Wrong. I live in chicago area & none will have anything to do with it. There add does not say stripped down model.I know a lot of dealers use this site. Maybe good for you but not me. This machine was engineered great why do the have to sock it to us that way? I bought a trike with air because I think it was a great idea and should be kept that way. Had HD all my life, if I wanted to put up with heat in traffic I would have kept the HD. No longer a happy customer.
Rich

Dear Rich: Golf Mill Ford in Niles,Il on Milwaukee Ave. # 847-470-9800, with Chris Fannella as Service Mgr. will take care of you service needs. Charlie D.

I know the last reply to this thread is three months old but a couple of the comments cracked me up, and here is why.

The Stallion is not a necessity, those of you who saw it, liked it (at least at the time) and made the decision that you were going to own one, be the first on your block (or state for that matter) to show it off. It is a unique vehicle and has had growing pains but the manufacturer has, from what I have read on most of these threads, made a pretty good effort to fix those problems and get their customers on the road again. Now they have partnered up with Ford (some dealers may not have run into one yet) to fix the engine, some of the electrical and drivetrain issues. Each year they have gotten better and have implemented the new changes to make it a better buy.

I remember back in my past whether it was a new big screen TV, VCR or now DVD player that I often made the purchase paying a heck of a lot more when they first came out than they are priced now. I know it isn't comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges but I bought a 55 inch rear projection Sony TV for around $2,700 five years ago (at the time that was $300 off normal pricing at Best Buy)...what do you think they go for now? Am I ticked off at Sony that they improved the TV and are now selling a better built, more featured TV for around half that these days...no I'm not, I wanted it then and I paid the price. If it ever breaks down guess what I can buy a better one and come out way ahead over what I did back in 2005.

I look at the Stallion the same way. They made the "options" optional so that there was more play in the price so that more people would be able to buy it.

Cars do it all the time, you get a good car and when it first comes out and if it is a hot item you pay MSRP or close to it. As the year winds down and there are some still on the lot you can get the formerly "hot" deal for thousands less, when I worked at World Ford in Pensacola it happened all the time....then the new models or the new version for the next year comes out and the cycle repeats itself.

You need to take a step back and realize with the economy going thru what it is going thru, there are probably all kinds of deals in certain areas that are going to go for a less expensive price than they used to, enjoy it while it lasts because once the economy recovers (if it ever does) you probably won't find these type of deals around for long. It can also be called supply and demand...less available/costs more, as it becomes more available the price may come down.

And hopefully noboldy bought these vehicles as investment instruments...not a good move for anyone .

Enjoy what you are riding / driving and smell the roses...wish I could...Afghanistan doesn't have any at the moment and I sure am jealous of all of you who can enjoy what you ride / drive at the moment.

Dennis

65 dtg Dubai
66 dtg Home

Good reply Molinoman !!!! Sure is a lot of crying over spilt milk !!! Enjoy what you have in life and be thankfull that when you get up every day you are looking down at the grass and not up at the dirt !!!!
When you get back, maybe we can ride, I'm in Titusville with family in Brandon.
Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back