Missing Bolt From Front Intake Manifold?

Just got back from a 30 mile ride. Had the same problem. When idling at a stop light or stop street it starts making a chugging noise and there's more vibration, almost like the rear cylinder wants to cut out. I don't know if it means anything, but I get noticeably more exhaust coming from the right pipe than the left when it's doing this chugging at idle. No codes anywhere and the plugs don't have but a thousand miles on them from last time I pulled them. And my warranty expires today. Go figure. Thank you Harley.

23 freewheeler should have a 2-year warranty. When did you get it. If it does indeed expire today, call and report the incident..

I pulled the plugs. They didn't look any different than the last time I looked at them a thousand miles back. Reinstalled them with proper torque and put everything back together. Went and got fresh gas and had no issues, but it was a fairly short trip. I don't think the EITMS was ever activated. I kind of recall checking awhile back after seeing the procedure in one of the threads here. I'll check again tomorrow morning and see what happens when I take the same trip to lunch.

If it's chugging at a stoplight, it sounds like the rear cylinder is shutting down on engine temp. Do you think he could have sucked the gasket and the rear cylinder is running a little lean?

Just got back from a 50 mile lunch run. No problems. Verified EITMS was OFF before I left. Hopefully going to Virginia this weekend.

Good on you, have a great trip

You did replace that intake bolt?

This jewel is perfect for intakes and tranny top covers, I have used this on many tight spots

Gearwrench-MicroDriver-Set.jpg

Good on you, have a great trip You did replace that intake bolt? This jewel is perfect for intakes and tranny top covers, I have used this on many tight spots

Gearwrench-MicroDriver-Set.jpg

I sure could have used that ratcheting 1/4" wrench yesterday putting that manifold bolt in. I had the hex key for it, but had to use a 1/4" open end, an eighth of a turn at a time. :( Very tedious. What is this set called and where can I get one?

You know, it's been about a month since I started this post and JUST realized sitting here at lunch that I identified as a '23 Freewheeler. It's NOT, it's a '21. My humblest apologies to all for any confusion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back