Metric or SAE

I got a solution, put metric nuts & bolts in all the boxes and let the Harley guys have to carry both sets of wrenches!!! :D

Ha! I first started reading your post and immediately wondered what direction is this going. Then I finished reading and for years your points were valid and boy did I use them to my advantage.
Now I'm older and I wish I didn't have near as many tools and little gadgets. Most of the time I'd rather pay to have it done than to crawl around under a vehicle on cold concrete.

Perhaps you are missing the point? :Shrug:
Or is it me missing the point? :xzqxz:

I thought the point was the guy who dies with the most specialized tools wins? :clapping:

Perhaps you are missing the point? :Shrug:
Or is it me missing the point? :xzqxz:

I thought the point was the guy who dies with the most specialized tools wins? :clapping:

Oh yeah I've heard and read that and for many years I tried to keep up but now I'm happily throwing in the towel. I've got a better plan. .........

Can I borrow a few tools? I'll bring them right back as soon as I'm finished. :laugh:

Oh yeah I've heard and read that and for many years I tried to keep up but now I'm happily throwing in the towel. I've got a better plan. .........

Can I borrow a few tools? I'll bring them right back as soon as I'm finished. :laugh:

Me too, Last time I took down my primary drive to replace the crankshaft seal I was lucky enough to have local shop lend me some tools.

14495444_1230953170260140_7821010647220522990_n.jpg

I've owned lots of Hondas, several Harleys a Yamaha, and added accessories to all of them. They all needed some SAE and some Metric tools. No big deal. Tools aren't that expensive and most last forever.

I've owned lots of Hondas, several Harleys a Yamaha, and added accessories to all of them. They all needed some SAE and some Metric tools. No big deal. Tools aren't that expensive and most last forever.
I agree with you and your comment. In fact we probably all have plenty of these wrenches & sockets to do a job. Remember in most instances these SAE tools are not used for a repair but only to get parts (accessories) off to access the real issue.
However, how hard is it for an accessory manufacturer or marketing company to include the matched fasteners with their product. Thus making it easier for thousands of end users.
Back when I started motorcycling there was another marketing ploy used by the Accessory people. It's mostly gone now because We finally got fed up and quit buy parts that are with "Universal fit"!

How about Sears selling Craftsman line to Stanley/Black and Decker. Are they going to keep the warrantee?

How about Sears selling Craftsman line to Stanley/Black and Decker. Are they going to keep the warrantee?

I believe if they stopped the warranty that would put the craftsman tool sales in jeopardy. :afraid:

Even Harbor Freight Warranties their hand tools. :jumpy::jumpy:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back