Men on the back

Ooooooo.... Pictures!!!!! LOL!
Mike always says he is willing to ride the back. Of course that is easy to say when the trike isn't set up for passengers :cool:
That's what p-pads are for.
The last time I was on the back was teaching a girlfriend to ride 2-wheels a long time ago. Scared the clown car out of me...and I don't eat quiche.

We solved that problem, when after riding my new trike the Wife said, "sell my Sportster, I want one".....now we both ride our own and she refuses to ride behind
me !!!!! But I did ride behind her as she was learning.

Joan I am rolling on the floor. The mental picture is just to much because I would be doing the same thing. Besides there are nice places to hold onto when you are riding on the back.

Yea, I could see you doing all those things! Especially after those stickers you gave George and the kick you got out of them!!!! You are just a ham.;)

When we were out checking different trikes, I had my hubby ride on the back while I drove. It was a hoot for me, but my husband was quite the back seat driver saying things like, "don't you think you should move over more in the lane?,,,and "where do I hang on?",,,,and then,,,slow down,,,,the driveway is coming up and you're going to have to make a turn",,,,I was smiling all the way, enjoying it all, he wasn't enjoying it because he's so used to being the front seat driver on his bike. He did say he would ride on the back again, so I don't think I scared him too much!

ladyff1481,
Did you get your handlebars adjusted? If you did, do you like your new ride?
I guess riding on the back would not be bad, it would be just the name calling that would be hard to get used to!! HAAHAHAHHA
Have a great week!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

My wife rode a Honda 500 when she went to collage.She won't even try the trike.She also puts out her arms and closes her eyes so she can fly.I know this because she squeezes her legs against body.I guess I'll never be on the back. Ken

It wouldn't bother me at all to ride second seat. I'd have to extend and widen the handlebars plus move the foot controls to the passenger foot rests. The Mrs has absolutely no interest in driving the trike so if I did get in the back seat I'd have to drive from there. In fact, now that I think about it, if I ever did take "HER" seat I'd probably need medical attention. :laugh:

Heck yeah.. Confession time.. I rode on the back of my Honda Goldwing Trike with my friend David ( sorry David) and we rode over to the HD shop.. David had never driven a Trike before so I let him drive mine. Now talk about funny looks. but it was our only mode of transportation until they fixed his bike. I did my best pageant wave as we were going thru town. pepper

I rode on the back of my buddy's trike to PGR missions for a year before I got my trike. It didn't bother either one of us, OR the guys in the flagline. I have ridden a couple of my son-in-laws on the back for short trips too. They didn't seem to mind.

Ridden on the back many times with the wife driving, she has to drive in any state she hasn't driven a bike in....to color her USA map. I don't mind, it's relaxing back there...plus I'm 61 YO, i ridden all over the country on my bike. I have nothing left to prove to anyone...if someone doesn't like me on the back seat, well they can Kiss It!
I'm having fun....

Honestly, I can't imagine riding on the back, I've never done it. And I certainly can't imagine riding on the back with my wife driving. Shoot, it's bad enough riding in the care when she's driving! Also, she has no interest in riding a motorcycle (I don't have a trike) and she doesn't know how to drive a manual car let alone a bike. Maybe I'm just so used to being in control that it would be hard to relinquish it....maybe I need counseling.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back