Looking for road trip input

CSM

Jan 12, 2012
DFW Texas
We were planning a long two week road trip to Colorado in late August, but due to the unfortunate happenings there, we decided to head in a eastern direction. We still plan to make the trip in late August.

We will be meeting Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law from North Dakota in Kansas City.

None of us have ever been to Kentucky or Tennessee and surrounding areas.

I am looking to get a little input for some great places to stay, see and ride as well as places to keep out of.

any input you have would be appreciated.

I'm in southern MN, so give me a shout if you come through.

KY/TN? Smoky Mts for sure. IMO stay away from Gatlinberg, TN. Just a Tourist trap. But the rest of the area is awesome.

MN? You must stop at the SPAM museum in Austin, MN! (No, I am not kidding!)

Anywhere in ETN & WNC are the best. Let me know if you come to this area and will give you some great routes to ride! Would also love to give you some personal tours!

Smokey mountains for sure.....and just a hint.....buy a "wick" shirt & take along a small bottle of detergent. Wash that shirt out in sink every nite & it'll be dry by morning...and ready to ride in again if the weather stays hot. You WON'T be sorry !!!! Best "tip" we have ever gotten before our cross-country ride. Have a great time & be safe. If you get to southern Florida, give a hollar and we'll show ya some real "back road cracker country" with wild hogs, turkeys, deer, bears and gators :)

Corbin KY was a nice place to visit. Went there a few years on my Buell Ulysses. Do the Bourbon trail, Makers Mark is a good one if you just want to do one. Also that's where the great Colonel Sanders started his KFC chain. The KFC museum is there, and no, I did not do that one. Dont miss out on the Cumberland Falls. on a few nights each month, when the conditions are just right. The moon forms whats called a moonbow. It's like a rainbow, just that it uses the light of the moon to form. We stayed in a KOA park in Corbin that had cabins to rent.

Lots of good riding around there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back