Location of the anti dive valve

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
OK, found the AD, now to disable it, would a common metal washer inserted into the recess in the lower half disable it?

Attachments

• 804846D4-B757-4A83-9A2E-F5FCAAB61B8C.jpg
    804846D4-B757-4A83-9A2E-F5FCAAB61B8C.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 101
  • AB811DF6-C41E-41B4-9947-9FABD5ED7D00.jpg
    AB811DF6-C41E-41B4-9947-9FABD5ED7D00.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 98
The best way IMHO and the way I did it was with a shim and longer bolts. The kit can be bought on ebay or even WingStuff. Here is one listing. I'm not recommending it, just sharing an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Dive-...-/224435098961?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Or here:

https://wingstuff.com/products/32921-anti-dive-fork-valve-shim-w-screws

Or even take a nickel and drill a hole in the center but even if you do that, it's best to get slightly longer screws. A washer is probably not going to provide enough separation and won't work as well. But the whole thing is pretty easy to do whether you use a nickel or the shim kit. Just remove the 2 bolts to separate the valve. Nothing will leak out during the process.

OK, found the AD, now to disable it, would a common metal washer inserted into the recess in the lower half disable it?

The picture shown is not the anti-dive valve. That is the secondary master cylinder.

The anti-dive valve is located on the leading edge of the left front fork.:cxtv:

medium.jpg

Thanks for posting this. The ride of my trike is a bit too firm on bumpy roads for me. Y'all have motivated me to try disabling the ADV to see if there is any improvement. I ordered the disabling shim along with longer bolts yesterday. Total cost was $13.00 including shipping. Installation time is said to be 10-15 minutes. Not a big investment. Worth a try..... Jim

Got my ADV shim and bolts today. The installation truly only takes 10 minutes. I can see why the USPO in in trouble. I tracked the little package. It was shipped about 300 miles total, checked into 4 different cities, and was check-point scanned 22 different times. First chance to try it out will be Sunday..... Jim

Results are in

Rode 248 miles today with the ADV shim in place. From zero to 80 MPH and everything in between, the ride was better. The bumps were not as jarring and the whoops in the road were more comfortable. I suspect I may have a sticky or stuck ADV piston because the ride was better overall, not just when braking. Without a doubt the least expensive item that provided noticeable improvement to handling on any motor vehicle I have ever installed. It's here to stay..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back