Leaking oil after an oil change

I usually just put enough oil in to bring it up to the cold check level. Run around the block once or twice to warm things up then check again. If it's close to the hot level that;s good enough for me. I never add oil to bring it up to exactly the full mark.

What do you consider the cold check level to be?

also is running it with like 3 or 3 1/2 quarts soemthing i should do?? i dont ever want to go thru this problem again.. besides the trike all full of oil and had to replace the air filter.. that was just soaked and dripping with oil my pants needed a good washing.. had to soak it in dishwashing soap first to try and get the oil out of my pants.. thanks, steve

K&N makes a good air filter cleaning solution that will get that oil out. Let it soak then use a garden hose to rinse it out. I've had that oil puking several times in my filter. It's good to occasionally clean the filter anyway.
K&N 99-0621 Air Filter Cleaner and Degreaser - 32 oz. Trigger Sprayer (through Amazon)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back