Just stumbled in figured I would stay for a spell.

Feb 20, 2020
MOUNT SAVAGE
Hello everyone, My name is Jason but for the forums you can call me Moo-Maw, long story on that nickname but it stuck. I am 44 years young. I had a love for trikes since an old episode of Macgiver when someone rolled in on one with a big old blown 350 on the front I was hooked. About 3 years ago in August I bought my first Motorcycle,Bertha a 2010 Yamaha V Star 950 Tourer with about 2400 miles on it. I never rode a Motorcycle and was totally green but I picked it up quick. Well we all know how life rolls right.

My father in law and best friend was diagnosed with brain cancer the end of that August. So old bertha did not come out of the barn that much. Fast forward to April... I was ready to ride then bam fractured my left tibia right at the knee. That put old bertha in the barn for just a little while longer. Jaunary 2019 start of the year I was ready this would be my year to ride. on January 8 I fell on the steps of doom at the end of my side walk and broke my right tibia in 2 places and ankle requiring one long piece of steel and several screws.

Then reality hit me I have this beautiful motorcycle and have only put around less than 50 miles on it. Should I sell it and give up my dream of being in the wind on 2 wheels. My wife and I had a long heart to heart and then the idea of a trike was planted and my inner child was so excited that I may just have my own trike. August of 2019 I pulled the trigger on a Frankenstein trike kit for old bertha. September of 2019 old Bertha became Godzilla a legit trike. So now present day I am preparing Godzilla for a roadtrip from Maryland to Gatlinburg Tenn in a few months.

I have a mountain of parts to put on but right now. I have a new to me touring pack and adams rack and a hypercharger. I have a fairing I am gonna put on and a cobra fi2000 fuel manager so I can change the pipes and a engine guard so I can put some highway pegs on. Then finally paint it. I'm gonna post a picture of Godzilla before I started to work on it and the last picture I took before I mounted the hypercharger.

BERTHA BEFORE.jpggodzilla6.jpg

Welcome to Trike Talk Moo-Maw! Looks like your well on the way to getting your 3-wheeler completed! Looks great so far, keep us posted as you go along.

Welcome from Gun Barrel City, TX...I've ridden V-Star 1300's since they came out in 2007...great bikes. Can't throw my leg over it anymore, and the fair haired one says she looks lonely and needs anew home so I bought her a companion Honda Shadow MotorTrike conversion...now I'm heading out this afternoon to look at a Goldwing MT and will probably sell Lady in Blue and El Diablo to make room for it.

:wave::wave:

Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back