Just my thoughts

Mykneesbehurtin

1500+ Posts
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2016
Dayton Ohio
Okay,was at a convenience store today and there was a younger man in there with two women.So i got my coffee and headed to the counter,they walked up just in front of me with the man bringing up the rear.So i notice that his hands are full and distracted by the women.So i see hanging on his side a large Stainless revolver with what appears to be about a 6 inch barrel,in the open for everyone to see.I notice its not strapped,so if I was a bad guy this is easy pickens since he is distracted,grab his gun rob him and the store.I have my CCW and carry any time i'm not at work but it is always concealed,not saying what he is doing is wrong to each his own.But in my mind everything he was doing was text book what not to do. Don't know if he was just trying to impress folks with his big gun or what.But the last thing I want a bad guy to know is if i'm armed until I need it.

Some people are of the mindset that if they "advertise" then bad guys will be aware and choose another victim. The element of surprise is no longer an option and a tactical disadvantage.

Others are convinced that carrying a semi auto with an empty chamber will give the person ample time to chamber a round.

Some people will want to carry concealed, but give no consideration to "printing".

Whatever seems to work for you, however, statistics dictate that tactics do not favor any of the above.LG Pic1.JPG

Some people are of the mindset that if they "advertise" then bad guys will be aware and choose another victim. The element of surprise is no longer an option and a tactical disadvantage.

Others are convinced that carrying a semi auto with an empty chamber will give the person ample time to chamber a round.

Some people will want to carry concealed, but give no consideration to "printing".

Whatever seems to work for you, however, statistics dictate that tactics do not favor any of the above.View attachment 51732

When I'm off duty, I want no one to know I'm carrying...not just to get the 'drop' on somebody if need be, but to not alarm the general public. I'm a federal officer, so I carry 24/7, and the only time I open carry is when I'm on duty, and of course I'm either in uniform or am displaying prominent identification.

By the way, I always have one in the chamber.

Personally I think we need to get gun awareness and safety back in school as a requirement to graduate from high school. So many fear guns because they know nothing of them. I think then there would be less gun control zealots trying to take guns away from law abiding gun owners/carriers. With gun knowledge and proper training just maybe there would be fewer macho types. Maybe not but I just think these guys wouldn't feel it necessary to show everyone they have the "right" to carrier and would use their brain a little better. But we took guns out of education so long ago that we now have a nation full of people that just the site of a gun freaks them out. Like somehow it will magically shoot them. It's ridiculous but that's just about how they look at it. Education is a good thing.

BTW...I feel the same about motorcycles. A little education can bring awareness to that little concern as well. We aren't giving kids any real education anyway so why not give them something they can use later in life that just might save lives.

Personally I think we need to get gun awareness and safety back in school as a requirement to graduate from high school. So many fear guns because they know nothing of them. I think then there would be less gun control zealots trying to take guns away from law abiding gun owners/carriers. With gun knowledge and proper training just maybe there would be fewer macho types. Maybe not but I just think these guys wouldn't feel it necessary to show everyone they have the "right" to carrier and would use their brain a little better. But we took guns out of education so long ago that we now have a nation full of people that just the site of a gun freaks them out. Like somehow it will magically shoot them. It's ridiculous but that's just about how they look at it. Education is a good thing.

BTW...I feel the same about motorcycles. A little education can bring awareness to that little concern as well. We aren't giving kids any real education anyway so why not give them something they can use later in life that just might save lives.

It wasn't exactly ancient history when I was a kid (very early 80s) and went to Conservation Camp that they taught us a gun safety course to include firing both rifles and shotguns. Several of us country boys that were there already knew what we were doing, because our dads had taught us how to properly use weapons before we were even in school.

I actually drove to high school (graduated in '85) in my pickup truck with a gun rack in the back window, with a gun hanging in it. Not a thing was thought about that at the time. Do that now, and the kid ends up in jail.

I am a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor. I live in Iowa, where we are allowed to carry openly. I tell my student's that if you want to carry in the open, they stand the risk of being the first ones that get shot by the bad guy. As with Police officer's, they are the threat to the BG. There going to be shot before they know what's going on. So I tell my student's to Carry Concealed. I carry a Glock 23, 24/7. Concealed, Round in the chamber.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back