JUST KNIVES

Who's making sheaths for you? That OTF looks interesting to me but no way would I carry that puppy without some kind of sheath. Sure doesn't have to be much but I'm just not finding any. Just started looking though too. So I may find something that would work.

Nay Leatherworks off Etsy.

1967 - 1972 . Thers no mention of any one dot on the right side. Buck USA is the only clue. To me anywho :cool:

Well, did a little bit more digging into the mystery dot ...Found this on a knife forum:

"vintage Buck 527 Treasury folding pocket knife with a rare early transition one dot after the "527" indicating 1985 manufacture"

So I'm not a 100% sure, nothing noted as to the above on the Buck sight.

This one is brown, but also found it was manufactured in different color variations.

Tiny... under 3" closed but very neat little knife indeed. Looking to close the deal after work, just didn't know how valuable it might be and wanted to avoid getting ripped off

20200130_122207.jpg

Finally got around to taking a picture of my new addition, I had to negotiate with the owner through the consignment shop. Wound up paying $10 more than I wanted, but for $30 still isn't bad considering others like it are being sold for more on Ebay.

On that note, he has a couple of additional pieces there that I like, but asking price is rather high.

I put a deposit down to hold them until I can negotiate a bundled deal.

I have to blame someone so... I'm blaming Bill and Scott equally :laugh:

Also... a couple of questions for you guys

1- now that I have my sheath can the knife be stored in it long term or do you keep them separate? I haven't had a knife big enough to do so until now.

2- just wanted to see what you were using to clean and oil your knives with.

Mine aren't used much and they get wiped down after handling...and oiled with nano oil if needed

Have you tried anything else that works better for you?

1- now that I have my sheath can the knife be stored in it long term or do you keep them separate? I haven't had a knife big enough to do so until now.

Mine aren't used much and they get wiped down after handling...and oiled with nano oil if needed

I store mine in the sheath.

Nice 527 with a Rosewood handle :clapping:Randall.

If the sheath has a snap flap, (leather sheaths) use Lexol #2 leather cream on the outside , put a piece of electrical tape over it on the inside. Prevents from leaving a mark in storage , re getting green or a circle mark on the wood.

Use any gun oil . Just wipe with a film , same with the moving parts.

You can’t set it and forget it ! Gota play with it once n a while :D

:Agree:

I'd never be so lucky...

Most interesting find of mine were some old glass medicine bottles and a mercury dime under our old house

Every house built pre 80’s with a concrete block foundation , the masons used Beer Cans to fill the voids :cxtv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back