jeff and elise in the USA

the border crossing people asked if we were sure we wanted to cross, at the time we thought we would find the area the tourists shop and get a few souveineers, apparently tour busses dont go there anymore and thats probably a good thing. The GPS stopped at the crossing, so we were officially lost, Elise hid all her jewlery, and i was on hightened alert, it is seriously yuck. almost everyone stares at you like a lion stares at a wounded antelope. the squallid conditions and disrespect for their environment is obvious in every direction.

after about an hour of taking in the sights of mexico we made it to the area formerly visited by tour busses, thanks to the help of the only American we saw. he also gave us some good tips including where to park the trike in RELATIVE safety. we cautiously ventured away from the trike and did some shopping, we did find one nice shop keeper. Elise got a mexical blanket and a few trinkets and i got a tijuana choppers T shirt which will serve as a reminder never to go back to Mexico again

getting into mexico was easy... getting out is another story... three and a half hours in a jamb in the baking sun isnt fun. beggers and desperadoes all wanting a dollar, those selling cans of cold drink were a welcome sight

as you get closer to immigration the stalls are right on the motorway, you could grab something from your lane lol. i guess this never moves at over 1 mile per hour.

next morning we pulled out and headed to palm springs. we noticed quite a few random letters on hillsides across America, can anyone tell us what thats about?????

Just wonderful. I saw many of those sites as a 13 yr old tks. to my grandfather taking me on a US tour (1966). Fortunately we didn't go to mexico form what I saw in your pics. Don't think I want to endure going in and getting back out, dealing with the sellers and such, but you saw so many glorious sites.
cooltech:cool:

in Beaumont we stopped in at this shop for a look. ended up staying an hour or so as the guy was so friendly. he new we werent buying anything but still got us coffee and had a good old chat. bought a shop t shirt to promote his business but i dont think wearing it in Australia will help him much LOL, but if thats your neck of the woods and you need repairs, he seems a decent bloke.

as we passed the massive wind farms getting close to palm springs Elise started to feel faint from the heat. we had packed our hydration vests in the trailer as we didnt expect the same sort of heat as death valley. i was suffering too but told her to hang onto my shirt so if i felt her grip loosen i would know she was passing out.

Palm springs the Oasis to top all others. despite being a totally artificial environment its so clean and fresh after the desert. my immediate thought was of the water bill. thats got to be a big BILL...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back