Is there a way to get the moisture out of the speedometer

Oct 29, 2021
Manahawkin
I noticed that there is moisture in the speedometer under the glass . I never rode in the rain and it has been in the garage since I owned it. Is there a way to get the moisture out?

I noticed that there is moisture in the speedometer under the glass . I never rode in the rain and it has been in the garage since I owned it. Is there a way to get the moisture out?

Park it in the Sun today…. If your garage is anything like mine the cement floor this time of year will suck up moisture and dampness from the ground ..My 2011 Tri-Glide did that after a couple of warm days once the garage dried out the problem was solved..

#1 on what Bob said

Some speedos do this and some dont

I have not ( knock on wood ) had the problem with any of my bikes/ trikes so far, you would think with the high humidity here in Florida I would

Drying in the Sun seems to be the best approach, heat guns and other heat sources seem to cause streaking on the inside of glass

Some have had HD covered under warranty with varying success, IMO HD has never made or sold quality gauges EVER

Have had that problem on only 2 bikes over the years. Dealer replaced speedo ,under warranty . (bad seal). If under warranty ,talk to dealer,if not, park in the sun.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back